Sign in to follow this  
Gary L Wilson

No flair on landing

I don't know if I am missing something or what is going on,but I have been flying the 737 for a couple of years but all of a sudden my plane does'nt flare when I land and that gives me a 745fpm landing.I can land myself but when you don't expect it to land like that it take you by suprise.

I don't know if I am missing something or what is going on,but I have been flying the 737 for a couple of years but all of a sudden my plane does'nt flare when I land and that gives me a 745fpm landing.I can land myself but when you don't expect it to land like that it take you by suprise.

Make sure you've been flying ILS approaches, and make sure you're configuring the automation properly.

When things "suddenly" stop doing things, the usual issue is a change in how you're doing things, particularly when our code hasn't changed (which it hasn't).

Kyle Rodgers

Which is why on an autoland you must monitor the FMA. Be prepared to take over with no FLARE green annunciation at 50 ft RA.

Is FLARE armed (white) annunciated? Is FLARE engaged (green) annunciated? Any active failures?

ki9cAAb.jpg

I've had it revert to GP instead of GS and you'll get about the same result.

Dan Downs KCRP