Sign in to follow this  
ORN

Hercules fuel planning

I just bought the Captain Sim Hercules and I was wondering if anybody had any tips for fuel planning with it. I'm planning a trip from Bod

Guest Akflyin

Hello, Normal Fuel burn is: Externals Aux tanks main tanks Long Distance over water flights are usually handled a bit different. First you burn the Aux tanks because there is only on fuel boost pump ( doubles as dump pump as well) in those tanks and if the pump fails then the unused fuel is stuck in that tank with no way of being able to use it. So the fuel burn sequence for long distance over water flights would be:Aux tanksExternal TanksMain tanksHope this helps

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I meant how do I find out how much fuel I should load the plane with. But thanks anyway, It's information I can use anyway. :)

Guest JTEK99

Kris:Trying to find the exact same information here. Hoping someone has some data on the Herk for more accurate fuel planning, too.

Guest Akflyin

Hello,Real World C-130 Fuel planning has alot of factors involved, Cargo weight, Winds at Alt, Etc.55,000 Pounds of fuel was usually planned for a flight from Sacramento Ca.(Mcclellan AFB) to Barbers Point Hawaii at an approx. flight level of 210.Hope this helpsDave

Guest JTEK99

Dave:Bit by bit, it *is* helping. Thanks for the info!

Useful info, good thread :)Do you also happen to know how this amount of fuel were distributed among the tanks? Thanks!brEagle