Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D - Released!

Hi! Folks,

Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D - Released!!!

HiFi Technologies - Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D

For FSX and For Prepar3D. $29.99 $19.99

ASCA-BANNER1.png

http://www.fspilotshop.com/hifi-technologies-active-sky-cloud-art-for-fsx-p3d-p-6249.html

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Looks cool. I guess this is what the upcoming REX weather product?

Orman

I am now thoroughly and officially confused!

What the HE double hockey puck is the reason I would buy AS16+ their fancy new cloudy art when I already have ASN and Rex...something-or-other...???

Going out to the digital garden and eat worms...

Chas

• Upvote 2

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I am now thoroughly and officially confused!

What the HE double hockey puck is the reason I would buy AS16+ their fancy new cloudy art when I already have ASN and Rex...something-or-other...???

Going out to the garden and eat digital worms...

Chas

The main reason would be the dynamic change of textures on the fly. Up to now you could load one set of textures for clouds and skies and if you wanted to change for instance the sky texture you would have to quit the sim, start the texture addon, pick a texture set, load it into the sim, start the sim and there you would have it. This new addon does all this automatically and while you are flying. So you might take off with one sky set being active, you might see various sky sets during the flight and land with yet another and all that without exiting the sim or doing anything yourself. And this goes for cloud textures too. For everything above he horizon in fact. The idea is that this will make things look at lot more realistic because in real life nature changes textures constantly on the fly. ;)

Take note that the upcoming version of REX will have similar options. And that this AS addon has its own set of 'brand new' textures.

Personally I do not really like this texture package. I like the REX textures better, especially the soft clouds. I'll wait for the release of AS16 and will try to use this with current or future REX textures. I assume the on the fly texture swapping will work with other texture packages or even default textures as well.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Personally I do not really like this texture package. I like the REX textures better, especially the soft clouds. I'll wait for the release of AS16 and will try to use this with current or future REX textures. I assume the on the fly texture swapping will work with other texture packages or even default textures as well.

You're assumption is incorrect; you need both for dynamic texture loading. So, if that's a feature you're interested in, you'll need both AS16 and ASCA...

Matt King

The main reason would be the dynamic change of textures on the fly.

Thanks for the clarification Jan!

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

You're assumption is incorrect; you need both for dynamic texture loading. So, if that's a feature you're interested in, you'll need both AS16 and ASCA...

Bummer. In that case I might consider getting ASCA as well. Unless the upcoming REX package with the same dynamic texture loading has an excellent weather engine. To be honest I've never really been fond of REX weather generation. I love their textures, but Hifi have always had the better weather engine.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hmmmm... price is very steep.....

37 euro + 21% VAT for the AS16 update and another 19 euro + 21% VAT for the clouds textures = 68 euro...

Too much for me justify it without having seen what REX will come with.

Still ASN for a while

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

AS2016 released

Hmmmm... price is very steep.....

37 euro + 21% VAT for the AS16 update and another 19 euro + 21% VAT for the clouds textures = 68 euro...

Too much for me justify it without having seen what REX will come with.

Still ASN for a while

purchase from fspilotshop in $$$$, you will save some money