Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D - Released!

Bummer. In that case I might consider getting ASCA as well. Unless the upcoming REX package with the same dynamic texture loading has an excellent weather engine. To be honest I've never really been fond of REX weather generation. I love their textures, but Hifi have always had the better weather engine.

Feel the same, Bert. Love REXs textures but im unimpressed with everything else they've produced. In the past is any indication, HiFi will have the vastly superior wx engine; therefore, I'll give ASCA a try. Besides, it will be nice to have one less thing to do during pre flight (eg texture loading).

Matt King

Waiting for it to show up in simmarket since that's where I bought all the others. Only way to get the upgrade price i guess.

Richie Walsh

Waiting for it to show up in simmarket since that's where I bought all the others. Only way to get the upgrade price i guess.

same here. Hopefully it will be up soon. 

Elpidio Sánchez-Marcos

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Nope, the upgrade is done in the software, not on the purchase site. I have just done this successfully when ASN was purchased elsewhere 

Its all available now just purchased both

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I did as well. Small glitch hopefully they will fix for me is I didn't get the upgrade price. I was logged into my account and they can see it. Can see all the HiFi products I purchased dating back to AS2004.

So far they have responded twice with the same cut and paste answer saying if I log into my account when I purchase it I would get the rebate. The same words are misspelled in the replys.

Edited by Irishcurse

Richie Walsh

You add the upgraded option to your cart! It asks for your ASN key when you run the installer to validate you can use the upgrade

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Not the way it's explained on Simmarket. Says in the disclaimer that when purchasing it will automatically adjust the price if you are eligible for upgrade. As I have said this isn't my first product from them. My ASN was a upgrade from AS2012 and I have purchased every version since AS2004 from there. I am guessing it was a hiccup since the product was just added to their site. Unfortunately I have received the same reply twice with the same misspellings.

Now they have answered saying since I only had the upgrade version of ASN that I am not eligible. Don't see that anywhere on their site or HiFi's site. My AS2012 was a upgrade version too from ASE which also was listed as eligible for the upgrade on the HiFi sim site.. So I went from a upgrade version of AS2012 to ASN and now they are saying I can't do the same again. Done with Simmarket.

Edited by Irishcurse

Richie Walsh

Hmmmm... price is very steep.....

37 euro + 21% VAT for the AS16 update and another 19 euro + 21% VAT for the clouds textures = 68 euro...

Too much for me justify it without having seen what REX will come with.

Still ASN for a while

Not only this, they have separate the products now for FSX and P3D.. so if you use both, you need to purchase AS16 two times.

I'm sorry HiFi but this is a way too much, especially for those who own ASN already and want to upgrade.

I will stay with ASN and when it'll be outdated, I will find alternative ways.. or i'll just way for a 60% discount during the next sales.

• Upvote 4

Not the way it's explained on Simmarket. Says in the disclaimer that when purchasing it will automatically adjust the price if you are eligible for upgrade. As I have said this isn't my first product from them. My ASN was a upgrade from AS2012 and I have purchased every version since AS2004 from there. I am guessing it was a hiccup since the product was just added to their site. Unfortunately I have received the same reply twice with the same misspellings.

Now they have answered saying since I only had the upgrade version of ASN that I am not eligible. Don't see that anywhere on their site or HiFi's site. My AS2012 was a upgrade version too from ASE which also was listed as eligible for the upgrade on the HiFi sim site.. So I went from a upgrade version of AS2012 to ASN and now they are saying I can't do the same again. Done with Simmarket.

Then buy it from FSpilotshop.  Makes no difference! You still enter ASN key as well as AS2016 key when it installs!   http://www.fspilotshop.com/hifi-technologies-active-sky-2016-upgrade-for-prepar3d-p-6252.html

Not only this, they have separate the products now for FSX and P3D.. so if you use both, you need to purchase AS16 two times.

I'm sorry HiFi but this is a way too much, especially for those who own ASN already and want to upgrade.

I will stay with ASN and when it'll be outdated, I will find alternative ways.. or i'll just way for a 60% discount during the next sales.

And they made the P3D version more Expensive!

Edited by vgbaron
Uncalled for insult

Pete Richards

I already purchased it. I am still dueling with them. Gave them the order numbers that are in my account that they are looking for . Don't know why. Bought ASE through the hifi software marketplace in 2011. All others were through simmarket.

Richie Walsh

Ok, seems for AS16 they now charge separately for FSX and P3D...

I think I will pass on that and see what REX has to offer...

Edited by vgbaron
uncalled for insult
  • Upvote 1

I bought it for the upgrade price of $41.92 at SimMarket.  I was logged into my account and it automatically provided me the upgrade.  If I did not see the upgrade price in my cart, I would have backed out and investigated.  I have since installed the product and it is very different from the latest version of ASN for P3D.  I am impressed so far.  I went to KLAX and there was some low clouds over the area.  As I went through the clouds, I could see them rushing past my aircraft window.  Extremely realistic so far.  The clouds looked very nice too.  Awesome job and thanks to the HiFi Team and their many beta testers!

For FSX I think I will keep ASN.  It works well there.  I am slowly moving over to P3D as I think that will be the sim of the future.

Best regards,

• Upvote 4

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10