Sign in to follow this  
theCessnaguy

Some F4E Confusion

Just bought the F4E model, and its visually stunning and a very good flyer. I have some confusion on some of the systems, however, and I have poured through the manual, which hasnt helped me out (not a knock against Milviz, i just am having a hard time understanding things).

Firstly- the 'MASTER CAUTION" light refuses to go out, no matter what I hit.

Secondly, the INS seems to take me very off course. I have watched the tutorial, and setting it up is fine. It is when i set a target is where I have issues. The INS takes me either off course (by varying distances) or the distance computer says the target is 9000+ miles away (which is impossible!). I am confused as to what i am doing wrong.

Lastly, I cannot get the wings to fold or the "reds" to appear on the airplane with the manager. I reinstalled the plane but this problem persists.

Any help appreciated! I am posting here because I have not set up a Milviz forum account yet.

Its a stunning plane overall, I have no issues with the quality. I just want to clear up a couple things.

Thanks!

The Master caution reset is a small black button on the right console by the generator switches. Provided your fuel isn't too low it should go out.

As for the INS targets, you made sure you are getting your hemispheres correct in the lat/lon inputs (ie N/S/E/W)? Also, the longer you let the align light blink (without letting the aircraft move) the more accurate your position will be. It does drift and requires position updates at times.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Wing tip fold has no control in the cockpit (it's manually operated by the ground crew I believe). You have to assign the wing fold control in FSX.

The manual isn't much help. Seems to be a common feature of Milviz sims. You'll get a lot of help in the Milviz forum though, it's well worth setting up an account.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The Master caution reset is a small black button on the right console by the generator switches. Provided your fuel isn't too low it should go out.

As for the INS targets, you made sure you are getting your hemispheres correct in the lat/lon inputs (ie N/S/E/W)? Also, the longer you let the align light blink (without letting the aircraft move) the more accurate your position will be. It does drift and requires position updates at times.

Wing tip fold has no control in the cockpit (it's manually operated by the ground crew I believe). You have to assign the wing fold control in FSX.

The manual isn't much help. Seems to be a common feature of Milviz sims. You'll get a lot of help in the Milviz forum though, it's well worth setting up an account.

Thanks to both of you. I agree, while its cool to have the real world manual, its almost impossible to follow at times considering there are changes to the airplane after certain production numbers (which doesn't matter in FSX land).

There are videos on our youtube channel for most of the items in the VC....

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

There are videos on our youtube channel for most of the items in the VC....

I know! I have watched most of them. Your INS tutorial was very helpful. I just cant get the target coordinates to accurately, well, target!