Sign in to follow this  
Guest jennifer

C 130 - What's Up With The Sounds

Guest allcott

We're starting a new association:Hoping for Ethical Releases from Captain Sim - H.E.R.C.Swe'll be linking with the pressure group:Hercules Insufficiently Tested - H.I.TTo create a new, merged organisation.Yes, you've got it.:)Allcott

Guest Knikolaes

To add my part to this . .. I as well downloaded alphac130newsound.zip and am VERY VERY pleasd with it. To me if CS can at least fix the reverser issue this bird will officially be flying perfect for me. I also have to dign into the CFGs and will have to merge some of the sound files so I can get the flap switch sounds and some other sounds back that were included with CS.If anyone else has already done such a merge (adding the CS cockpit sounds to the alphac130newsound.zip CFG), I'd love a copy of your CFG.alphac130newsound.zip is definately a high recommendation fromme, as these really do sound like the Hercs I hear flying over my head all the time.

:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol I had to look up that word, abarrent: One whose behaviour departs substantially from the norm of a group.Yeah, the'yre really off norm, but it takes time to master those, your language have a lot of them, we hardly ever usee'm in the norwegian language. You shold start using norwegian too, its' much easier than english!Eagle (do'nt tell AAAA about me, please)

Guest allcott

>:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol >>I had to look up that word, abarrent: One whose behaviour>departs substantially from the norm of a group.>>Yeah, the'yre really off norm, but it takes time to master>those, your language have a lot of them, we hardly ever usee'm>in the norwegian language. You shold start using norwegian>too, its' much easier than english!>>Eagle (do'nt tell AAAA about me, please)Of course with any Captain Sim product, the aberrent behaviour is from those who blindly accept that a pretty plane is perfect, when fellow simmers and even the developer themselves plainly point out that it is hardly fit for consumption.It is not the nature of simmers (and certainly not in the nature of forums) to accept sub-standard products without comment. So the ones "whose behaviour departs from the norm" are the CS apologists who just accept the PR BS from CS and trot it out as if it were their own opinion.The Herc is being exposed as having more and more flaws, making it a costly mistake for any simmer. The biggets mistake is buying it in the first place when CS admitted it was bug-infested before they started charging for it!The second biggest mistake is thinking CS care, while they're banking your money.Allcott

Guest jennifer

AS far as the AAAA is concerned, it'll get round the table for peace talks with H.E.R.C.S. as long as the H.E.R.C.S. militant wing, CSBA, agree to put down it's weapons! and agree to an indefinite ceasefire.( :-bang.And Eagle......we're watching you}:(

Pardon me, but my compulsive pedantry forces me to observe that it should be "aberrant". I'll also assume that the misuse of the apostrophe was deliberate :-erks regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

>Pardon me, but my compulsive pedantry forces me to observe>that it should be "aberrant". I'll also assume that the>misuse of the apostrophe was deliberate :-erks >>regards,>>JeffNot deliberate the first time ;)Nuff private english lesson talk ...CS uses the phrase "Authentic Sound Set Recorded on Real C-130" on their site. I think that may be part of the problem. I used to be a sound engeneer/post production sound designer in the film industry. One thing we often experienced was that an unrealistic approach sometimes beat realism. Let me give you an example:We tried to make the sound of a heavy guy's trampling on wet forest ground sound realistic. The 100% (sound recorded on site) was hopeless, so we had to replace/overdub it. The solution we ended up with was me tapping with my index finger on a clod of wet toilet paper, very close to the mic. That really made him sound heavier than the 100%!This is where I think the Alpha C did a better job than the CS team. The sounds may not be realistic, and they have probably tampered with in electronically, blended in other sounds and cheated like all talented sounddesigners do to make it sound more realistic. I know it sound like a contradiction, but it's how it works.He, he, I also recorded canonfire at Fort Akershus at king Olav's funeral. At site it was a tremendous sound. When I played it back in the studio I was very disappointed, it sounded like a cheap toy-gun. Phutt! :-hmmm So why not use the Alpha C soundset, they have better loops too :). I do, and it makes the already fabulous C-130 even better!Eagle

Guest jennifer

Hello JeffYou wrote: "Pardon me, but my compulsive pedantry forces me to observe that it should be "aberrant". I'll also assume that the misuse of the apostrophe was deliberate "I'm afraid my mis-spelling of "aberrant" was indeed a bona fide error but the aberrant apostrophe was deliberate in order to promote the association and its (no apostrophe here) aims. I appreciate your eagle eye and hope that unlike me you're not shocked by the many aberrant apostrophes present on this otherwise honourable forum.And now back to the compelling subject of the Captain Cim C130............over to Alcott....:) .

Guest allcott

>Hello Jeff>>You wrote: "Pardon me, but my compulsive pedantry forces me to>observe that it should be "aberrant". I'll also assume that>the misuse of the apostrophe was deliberate ">>I'm afraid my mis-spelling of "aberrant" was indeed a bona>fide error but the aberrant apostrophe was deliberate in order>to promote the association and its (no apostrophe here) aims.>I appreciate your eagle eye and hope that unlike me you're not>shocked by the many aberrant apostrophes present on this>otherwise honourable forum.>>And now back to the compelling subject of the Captain Cim>C130............over to Alcott....:) .That's `Allcott` by the way. But I don't mind if you misspell Captain Cim. :-) ;-)Allcott

Guest jennifer

Oh my god.......that was another genuine mis-spelling, typo of course.:-spacecraft = Captain Vim's next project!Sorry about mis-spelling your name allcott.:-)