Sign in to follow this  
SimSamurai

[RESOLVED] Troubles Installing most recent build on new PC

I am an old Mindstar customer both in age as well as not having reinstalled the G1000 software since 2010. I have recently rebuilt my PC with Windows 10, FSXse and Prepar3D v3.3.5 and have attempted to install the latest v2.11.0019 (migrating up from the 2.0.44 beta circa 2010). After the "installation" I first attempted to register via the online method with my last known Serial Number and License Key and it would not work. I then attempted it with every other manner available and had no luck that way either.

Am I to assume I need a brand new Serial Number and License Key each time I reinstall this software because after review of my past notes this was indeed the trend for a fresh PC rebuild. This will only be the third install for me over the last 6 years as I commonly rebuild / reformat or upgrade my computer every two to three years as most people likely do. The first two installs were however within a single year from late 2009 to late 2010 when I built a brand new PC and had upgraded to Windows 7. I see in my notes that I did in fact use two different Serial Number and License Keys then when reinstalling.

Again, the second set of these two is not working for me now either..leading me to believe I again need a whole new set.

I sent in a support email to Mindstar earlier this afternoon but since it was sent on a Friday afternoon I assume a reply may be several days out. If anyone has some suggestions or know that new keys are required I would appreciate a reply as I was hoping to use the software this weekend and build a few new panel sets for Prepar3D. I will in turn provide these panels to other Mindstar customers for those interested.

Lastly, if this software always requires new keys with PC rebuilds/reformats it would be great to know on the upfront (and thus see in a forum sticky and or on the website) so that I can preemptively get them on order in the future as this, much like a lot of software installs, turns into a big 3 hour headache. All time I can't bill anyone for ;) It's terribly frustrating.

That said, I understand the need for software security and it makes sense that I may need new keys, especially if they are perhaps time sensitive and made to expire after a few years or after multiple...multiple... installs but this is only the second attempt using the last key set so I'd really like to get a final answer on this as this time around was no easier than the second.

Regards,

Jeff

I believe you have been taken care of via our support system.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69