Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Rebuild has no effect

Hello

I am used to rebuilding my scenery DB using the command button in RCv. My fs9 path is d:\fs9.

I just wanted to do it today but although the process starts and finishes, nothing is updated. In fact the process takes 1-2 secs when it used to be more in the 15-30secs the last times I did it.

I haven't changed anything to my setup and RCv4 works fine otherwise.

Thank you

Ghiom

Rebuilding the database is only necessary if there have been changes to your scenery. If you haven't changed anything in your setup then there's no need to run it.

The next time you add or remove scenery run it then and see what difference it makes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the reply

I did change my setup and scenery.cfg has been updated. Still there seems to be no update to the scenery db after a very quick rebuild, against when it usually takes 20-30 secs and you see all the files being scanned.

The easy way to check if it has performed correctly is to check the date/time of the r4.csv file in the RC4\data folder.

If it's current you don't have a problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, already checked and it's not. only a4.csv is current.

What has changed on your system recently assuming this is a new problem?

Is RC4 and FS9 on the same PC?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You also need to make sure you are running RC in administrator mode so it properly executes makerwys.exe in your FS folder. If you are not on an RC pc operating as a client to a networked FS host, be sure to answer No when prompted if you are on a network so RC executes makerwys.

Here is a work around if it is a path access problem. You basically follow the network procedure even though  RC and FS may reside on the same computer.

Run makerws.exe first in your FS folder. Check to see if you get the dialog procedure countdowns from makerwys. Get the date and time from the rcv5 properties in that folder and make sure they are current.

Now start RC with run as admin and run the scenery rebuild insuring your path to FS9 is correct when prompted. RC should give the progress of copying r5.csv in your FS folder to rcv4\data (as rcv4). OK that and then you should get the message rebuilding a4.csv. OK that and when it finishes OK again. Wait a minute for the HD to catch up before shutting down RC and restarting it. (In this method you have run makerwys.exe directly first.) RC has copied r5.csv to it it owen data folder as r4.csv. Check that file's date and time and it should only be a few seconds later. The date and time ofa4.csv should be just a few seconds after that.

What we have done is insure makerwys has performed correctly and then RC has copied r5.csv as r4.csv to its data folder and then built a4.csv.

What operating system are you running?

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/ is the link to current makerwys.exe to install in your FS folder. Of note:

"4.697 prevents interruption during the final second or two whilst files are written"

Thanks

Assign Administrator rights to  makerwys.exe in \FS9 and it did the trick.

Thank you again

Ghiom