Sign in to follow this  
richie894

Found a great little device to manage EZDOK views

So I picked up one of these Razor Tartarus gaming keypads. I set it up as a second joystick. I basically added an EZDOK view to each of the keys (I set each key as a joystick button in the Razor software).

So I know have 15 set views which I have saved and can transfer to each aircraft which use. Example the top left button is always the Captain's view and the bottom right button will always be the right wing. No more fooling around on the keyboard or cycling through views. It fits nicely in my left hand, leaving my right hand to control the aircraft.

I picked one up used on eBay for less than $30.

Link to product...

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Tartarus-Programmable-Including-Thumb-pad/dp/B00ZTRW00C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468036662&sr=8-1&keywords=razer+tartarus

Great idea. You reminded me I had an old Logitech G13 gathering dust. Time to repurpose me thinks.

Cheers.

howevr

I too have a Logitech G13 but so far I have not been able to set the little joystick as a hat

Switch and I am getting frustrated with it.

I've a G13 as well - but think this scores over the G13 with it's joystick emulator - very useful for a host of flight sim functions.

Eugene

I've a G13 as well - but think this scores over the G13 with it's joystick emulator - very useful for a host of flight sim functions.

Eugene

Including the ability to use as a Hat Switch? If so, I'll then buy one.

This is mine. I've fitted to a tablet holder and clipped it to the wall to keep it steady.

I have 2 banks enabled. The first contains key settings for cockpit views, the second for external views. Very easy to setup and use and, as mentioned above, works ideal with EZCA

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Including the ability to use as a Hat Switch? If so, I'll then buy one.

I don't own one yet - but have ordered - perhaps an owner would care to comment?

Eugene

I don't own one yet - but have ordered - perhaps an owner would care to comment?

Eugene

It has an 8 way hat switch. I don't use it but each of the directional switches can be assigned to anything the same as the keypad can.

This is mine. I've fitted to a tablet holder and clipped it to the wall to keep it steady.

I have 2 banks enabled. The first contains key settings for cockpit views, the second for external views. Very easy to setup and use and, as mentioned above, works ideal with EZCA

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Nice set up.

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have the following issue?

When I change views using the razor, a couple of the keys will extend and retract the flaps as well. 

Does anyone know how to stop that from happening?

cheers,

Colin

On 18/10/2017 at 11:27 AM, rowcoach said:

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have the following issue?

When I change views using the razor, a couple of the keys will extend and retract the flaps as well. 

Does anyone know how to stop that from happening?

cheers,

Colin

Delete the default key assignments for those other functions.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display