Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

WOW... anyone keepingup with these guys?

Flight scenary is producing the best Airports and scenaries ever.I have their Rhode Islamd scenary and now they are onto Portland. These guys quality is unrivaled IMO.WOW.http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...84769dafcd0de6ehttp://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...84769dafcd0de6ehttp://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...84769dafcd0de6eAnimated view: http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...84769dafcd0de6e

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Forty bucks for one single airport scenery? They can stick it in their ears.

Guest bobsk8

I wonder what the frame rates are like? That always scares me about buying one of the airport sceneries that has everything....

If their other scenery (LFRD, Rhode Island, etc) is anything from which to judge, the impact will be minimal. On my rig I get only slight reductions with Rhode Island scenery and none at all at Dinard/St Malo. One of the developers said Portland maybe even a little better than the default frame rate, with the only impact being the AI!Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Rhode Island is 3 airport so detailed... I like their ground textures. Its simply fanstastic. Its very frame friendly.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm with you Michael, I saw some screenshots of this a few weeks ago and added their site to my favorites list just to keep an eye on them. Can't wait for it's release cause I haven't seen scenery this good and best of all it's the area I do most of my real life flying.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

That is what excites me the most, all that detail and still flyable. I am amazed everytime I fly out of PVD just because it is that fluid. I do alot of virtual flying out of Portland Troutsdale down into the gorge with Holgers scenery and with this addon, it will make it that much more realistic! IMO this is the perfect blend of photoreal and normal FS design blended together.I do a lot of 3D design and I am also amazed at the texturing, very realistc and quite detailed.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

They make excellent sceneries indeed. I love FZ01 and I am looking forward to getting FZ02.Very clean and precise sceneries with the best textures ever made.Flight Corse is also fantastic

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

*Im sold!*I've taken lately to focusing on fewer airplanes and more scenery. Im a devoted georender fan, and finding people with similar quality is outstanding. I will watch this closely, assuming they dont charge 50 bucks or some other high number (or pricing in Euros)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Dakota

Rhode Island screenshots looked great, but I hardly ever fly there. I do most of my flying in the Pacific Northwest. After seeing this Portland scenery, now I know I have to get this! Thanks for making me spend more money!

haha me too!thanks a lot!!I don't fly on the east coast much because I have little time and am not familiar with the area. Flying on the west coast I'm dying to pick up more scenery like this.Looking forward to the next release, and hopefully another scenery groups comes out with more airpots.KEA, KPDX, KSFO, KSAN, all great airports with high quality not tough on frame rates scenery. Now we just need KONT, KLAX, KSJC, KOAK, KSMF, etc.

>> Rhode Island is 3 airport so detailed... Actually, it has 5 airports...KPVD - TF Green KOQU - Quonset StateKSFZ - North Central StateKBID - Block Island State (not quite as detailed)RI20 - Mystery Farm (which is really just a clearing on an island, not detailed)Either way - it's a fantastic addon. While it is certainly appealing to anyone who lives in or frequents the area, the quality and caliber of the addon - both in detail AND in the lack of framerate hits - is something that all flightsimmers should witness.She may be an expensive addon for the square miles of scenery you get, but those square miles are pure gold! -Greg