Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

The best biz jet for FSX?

Hi all,

I need some help deciding on my next FSX purchase.

I have been using the new early access version of AirHauler 2 which i'm really enjoying.  I set up a small company based in Dutch Harbour, Unalaska, flying the awesome A2A Comanche.  I now want to expand the range of my virtual company with a biz jet.  I have never owned any biz jet addons for FSX so i'm not familiar with any of the current products on offer.  I'm looking for something that models the systems nicely, doesn't have to be study sim level like a PMDG aircraft but at least modelled to it's simulated enough to feel real. The external model whilst nice is less important to me, I'm not a screen shot taker or anything I just like flying so i'm always in the Virtual Cockpit rather than external camera view.

So any suggestions? 

Dean Farley

This gets asked about once or twice a week in this forum, usually with the same answers.

To save yourself some time you can use the search function here and find all the results from previous posters asking the same questions.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Eaglesoft Citation X, Flight 1 Citation Mustang, Flysimware Learjet 35A, Lionheart Learjet 24. I would say those 4 are the best if you want excellent to reasonable systems modelling (listed in order of systems complexity).

The Carenado CJ2 is a nice little plane after all the mods in the Avsim Carenado forum. The FMS is buggy and a bit of a joke but it flies nicely and I quite enjoy it. Graphics are, as is normal for Carenado, quite nice. 

Eddie
KABQ

The only private jet I have is the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X V2.0 and it is everything I would expect from a payware addon. It runs in both FSX and P3D, It's reasonably priced (about €40ish), it's very very VERY easy on framerate, it looks good both inside and out, it handles beautifully, you can update it to run on the latest AIRAC if you subscribe to one (Both NavDataPro and Navigraph will work although I believe Eaglesoft will only support Navigraph as that is what they use for testing) and it's really easy to get to grips with, especially if you're more interested in just getting up in the air.

It has some minor draw backs, like it needs 1 or 2 minor tweaks to get it running in P3D and it needs FSUIPC in order to get the throttles working. Also it will more than likely need a tweak to your fsuipc.ini to get the throttle axes calibrated. However, the info on these tweaks is plastered all over the internet and in the Eaglesoft forums and even a fully qualified wally like me can do it.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

If you are used to flying the A2A Comanche and you are looking for something with a similar level of systems replication, then the only bizjet that comes close IMO is the Eaglesoft Citation X. I have the Carenado Phenom 300 and Hawker 850, but these may leave you somewhat frustrated if you try to delve deeply into their systems. I do not however have the CJ2 or the Flight 1 Mustang so I cannot comment on either of these.

Bill