Sign in to follow this  
marty2756

Any working photoreal tool?

Hi everyone,

I want to create photoscenery (not airports) but big regions, for some parts of europe.

I downloaded sbuilderX v3.13/3.14 but I can't get it to work.

Is there any tool, as of now, that works with bing / google? 

In short, there is no simple program to create large regions of photoreal scenery.  SBuilder does work to create photoreal scenery and works with Bing and Google Maps.  And it is one of the easiest ways to get started.  I doubt switching to a different app would help you.   I would suggest going to the SBuilder forums or FSDeveloper forums for additional help.  Both are great resources and there are videos on YouTube on the same subject.  Also don't forget to read through the SDK.

Hope that helps get ya in the right direction,

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

In short, there is no simple program to create large regions of photoreal scenery.  SBuilder does work to create photoreal scenery and works with Bing and Google Maps.  And it is one of the easiest ways to get started.  I doubt switching to a different app would help you.   I would suggest going to the SBuilder forums or FSDeveloper forums for additional help.  Both are great resources and there are videos on YouTube on the same subject.  Also don't forget to read through the SDK.

Hope that helps get ya in the right direction,

Clutch

Ok. I will keep trying with SBuilder then. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I want to create photoscenery (not airports) but big regions, for some parts of europe.

I downloaded sbuilderX v3.13/3.14 but I can't get it to work.

Is there any tool, as of now, that works with bing / google? 

You can also google around for fsearthtiles.  I'm not sure if it works with the P3D SDK or not.  But I'm sure someone on the internet has tried it.  This would be your best tool anyway for large areas of photo real.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

FSET works fine with P3D...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I've been making Photoreal Scenery for five years now with Globalmapper.
The cost of the program is now $500 up from $200 years ago.
But that $500 generated 600K gross profits in three years time.
And that was my 40% cut of about 100 title releases.
Globalmapper does everything except write the .inf file & do the resample.
And it comes with a subscription to the Terra Server with access to Google, Bing & ESRI world imagery.
You can download the aerials, store them and make photoreal scenery at any resolution.
And you can make X-Plane scenery from the same aerials.

I am no longer making scenery.

Sure wish you were still making photoscenery Larry.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks, I divulged my process and got replaced.

But wait until you see my new venture in computer artworks