Sign in to follow this  
dadriel

NGX WX Radar and Active Sky 16

I know that the weather radar for the NGX requires Active Sky Next to work. I'm now wondering does it also work with the AS16 out of the box? 

Is there any improvement over the previous version, regarding the depiction in the navigation display? Like the absence of squared patches or too much red all over the thing...

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

What do you mean red square patches ? If you are showing this it is not working properly. Make sure you have set the detail range to 90 miles maximum and have the detail to aircraft choice enabled checked. No square patches should appear.

I have recently purchased AS16, does the radar work out the box with no setup? I havent had chance to take a flight yet.

Thomas Derbyshire

I have recently purchased AS16, does the radar work out the box with no setup? I havent had chance to take a flight yet.

Yes, it should work without any setup. Just need to have AS16 running.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I confirm that. I'm running both the NGX and the T7 (LR and 300ER) with the AS16 and it doesn't need any special settings. 

Actually the settings and options in AS16 are very close to ASN. 

If you choose to switch to AS16 from ASN, you won't have much to do. Just check that the default settings of AS16 suits your tastes.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Dear all
i bought AS16 and am using pmdg ngx 738 and WX radar not working sometimes working on Europe but middle east , gulf and Africa not working please i need a quick help for that  
and i have those trusted addon

am using win7 64bit and my using of fsx compatibility win vista sp 2
[paths removed]

Dear all

i bought AS16 and am using pmdg ngx 738 and WX radar not working sometimes working on Europe but middle east , gulf and Africa not working please i need a quick help for that  

and i have those trusted addon

[paths removed]

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required in your posts here.

By "not working" what do you mean? Keep in mind, radar only finds weather. It doesn't simply point at clouds. You can do that by looking out the window.

Kyle Rodgers

[paths removed]

I addition to what Kyle said, some addons don't work properly when you run FSX in compatibility mode. You should be able to run he FSX.exe with the compatibility modes unchecked. Running in compatibility mode also can made addons made by FSDT and Flightbeam not work correctly.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As kyle said, remember the typical weather radar in an aircraft doesn't see clouds, it sees moisture and unstable air but not strictly clouds. If a cloud is producing enough rain it would show, but simply flying through a few white puffy clouds wont show, this is normal. As far as AS16, uses the same tech as ASN for integration with third party weather radars such as PMDG, so if ASN worked then AS16 will work without any modification.