Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Quick question regarding TTools, weekly flight plans an...

Good evening, Recently, I have been importing airlines and flight plans into UT using their import airline feature. I have noticed,however, that if I create a weekly flight plan for a particular aircraft, that aircraft will be at the gate every day of the week, even if it is not scheduled to fly that day. Is there any way to force a particular aircraft to show up only on the day of travel?Thanks in advance for any assistance.J.C. (MYNN)PPL ASEL,AMEL

Guest Gordius

Hi JC. I think I/we can help but is it possible for you to paste the flightplan for one of those weekly flights?Otherwise perhaps you are experiencing the same thing I did when I put together flightplans for MacRobertson Air Race specific AI. Some planes flew all of the way to Australia while some only went part of the way and then returned. Each flight was a weekly plan. Within a few days of the start of the flights and when I was at the starting airport those planes that only flew for say two days were waiting at the airstrip for the next Saturday to arrive. Are your plans so short that they are completed within a day but only flown once a week which could be showing them at the start airport parked at the gate but not going anywhere that day?Another possibility could be that the plan says something like EGLL to KJFK to EGLL to KDEN to EGLL to KJFK to .... Still created as a weekly plan but returning to the starting airport after each leg if you se what I mean?Andrew BrownRoaring Thirtieshttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Hey JC, Andrew makes a good point in that it would be nice to see the flight plan for the plane in question. I am not familiar with UT, I do all manual installs of my AI. The problem with AI planes is that they will always sit at the gate until there departure time, whether that is a day or a week. It is not moved out of the way as in real life. However, there could be a work around by editing your flight planes a little. Lets say you want the plane only to fly Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Once the plane makes its last arrival for the day it will sit at the gate. What you would do is add a flight for Tuesday sometime early am, (e.g. 2:00am), and have it fly to somewhere you don't. Or maybe even make up and airport to add to the airport txt. file. That way if you fly on Tuesday the plane is not there. Also you would add a flight back from were it is to your airport sometime Wed. am, so that it is ready for its Wednesday departure. By doing it early in the morning, you would never see it leave, unless you fly at those times.Example flight plan. The plane leaves bar harbor at 2:00am on Tuesday morning for weber jones airport ME03 and comes back 2:25am Wednesday morning ready for its flight to Boston Wednesday at 7:00am. Flight times in the plan are GMT times, so 7 hours different than Eastern Standard Time.AC#9324,N119CJ,1%,WEEK,IFR,1/00:50,@1/01:58,190,F,5955,KBHB,1/07:00,@1/07:35,60,F,5955,ME03,3/07:00,@3/7:35,60,F,5955,KBHB,3/12:00,@3/13:10,180,F,5952,KBOS,1/13:45,3/14:53,190,F,5953,KBHB,3/17:00,@3/18:10,180,F,5954,KBOS ect............Hope this helps, I am sure, someone else will respond with maybe an easier way to do this, but this is the only way I know how, so I thought I would share it with you.Glenn

Hey guys, Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, I deleted the flight plans in question, but I will try to remake them and post them later in the evening. Thanks againJ.C. (MYNN)

What would be helpful is if there were some sort of a ground flight that would be like towing an aircraft from gate to hanger or back.scott s..