Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 10.50 Beta 6 is here!

Hi all,

as per the title new beta arrived.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/07/x-plane-10-50-beta-6-moar-bug-fixes/

http://www.x-plane.com/?article=x-plane-10-50-release-notes

Fixed for Beta 6:

• Select more reasonable range for AI airport selection so we don’t revert to planet-wide search when local search fails.
  • Winds.rwx no longer downloaded, though we still scan it (XPD-6450).
  • Tweaks to AI flying.
  • Updated extra runway lights (XPD-6434).
  • We don’t drop unbound key handlers – x-assign uses them (XPD-6438).
  • Fixed crash in .grib load.  We now explicitly check for null file handle and also set the path to full.
  • Lock semantics on all art assets were WRONG. This attempts to fix race conditions in obj-load and obj/tex/art asset release.
  • Reverse thrust & beta fixed (XPD-6435).
  • Fixed crash due to no airports. If you let the AI fly the X-15 and it flew too far from other airports the sim could crash.
  • Fixes black textures in A-310 and crashes. This should cover crashes changing airports, “negative ref count” errors,
    and any black textures on airplanes, including crashes loading the JAR A-330 on startup.
  • ATC crash fixes: filing flight plan to seaport or helipad, crash in flight route handler (XPD-6399).
  • Livery substitution does subdirectories (XPD-6194).
  • Makes green button zoom and not full screen on OSX (XPD-6158).
  • Fixed crash when starting at scenery pack that has the Nimitz due to cull sphere changing (XPD-6437).
  • Updated earth_fix.dat and earth_nav.dat.
  • ATC controller cab build-up is double-async…fixes some pauses while flying. This is a perf improvement to avoid pauses due to AFTC while flying.
  • Upvote 2

As with the other betas in this series, I have found that, using the online installer - the one that comes up automatically when it asks if you want to update to B6 - it will start at the end, but but shows no update in the "about" section.  Once you exit and try to restart, it will say - again - that it found a new beta and will go through the process again.  

I have been able to get around this by creating a new 10.45 version and updating that to the latest beta.

Is anyone else having this situation arise, or is it a bug?

If it is a bug, I will file a report, but don't want to bother them if it is not common.  It does not seem to be a bug in the program, just the updater.

John

John Wingold

Select more reasonable range for AI airport selection so we don’t revert to planet-wide search when local search fails.

Very happy with this one (I reported a bug last year and this seems to fix it). If I type in ENHA ICAO code it is now the first selected and I don't have to scoll up the list so the airport selection screen is much better now

Curious about this one:

• Updated extra runway lights (XPD-6434).

Anyone know exactly what new changes are being done here to the runway lights?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

May not be all that was fixed, but I reported a bug that the hold short flashing amber lights were not at the correct brightness.  Basically, you could not see them.

I guess if I have the steam version it will only update with a new release version and not the betas?

spacer.png

I guess if I have the steam version it will only update with a new release version and not the betas?

yup. once its out of beta you willl be able to download it

Joining late to the party of betas. Liking it a lot so far (b6). Is it a placebo or definitely there is a slight frames improvement? Liking the new winds and turbulence out of the US, however don't know if those winds are correct or not.

Alexander Colka

Is it just me or is it always quite severe turbulence up above 30k feet? I am almost always bounced back and forth quite violently up on those altitudes. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Joining late to the party of betas. Liking it a lot so far (b6). Is it a placebo or definitely there is a slight frames improvement? Liking the new winds and turbulence out of the US, however don't know if those winds are correct or not.

A good 20% over 10.45 in dense areas.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB