Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

New Lionheart Trinidad TB21 Lionheart cockpit windows

Hello Steve,

I bought this new plane released yesterday and noticed that all windows are showing very ugly and distracting reflections. When contacted, Lionheart indicated that this was related to DX10. Switching off DX10, the canopy becomes fully transparent (invisible). I tried to apply the Legacy reflections off but had no result. Would you have any recommendation please? (Presumably I won't be the only one looking for a solution to this).

Thank you and best regards,

Thank you Steve. Unfortunately the 8 bit fix did not change anything, I still have those strong and disturbing reflections on the windshield and windows that I never had on any other airplane add-on (and I have a number of them...) 

It does state "not DX10 compatible" on Lionhearts website 0therwise I would have purchased this myself..Shame really

Thank you Steve. Unfortunately the 8 bit fix did not change anything, I still have those strong and disturbing reflections on the windshield and windows that I never had on any other airplane add-on (and I have a number of them...) 

OT.but could you please post some screenshots of the plane ? I would be interested in the VC. I've seen the pictures on the lionheart   web page already but they all look too good when you go to the dev's site.Thx

Thanks for the follow-up Steve, sorry I will be away from my sim for a week or so, I already left, but I shall pursue this matter immediately after I get back. I wish I knew how to make a screenshot to show the problem better. 

Another Trinidad purchaser, in spite of Bill's disclaimer about DX10.  He was correct.  Switching to DX9 eliminates the glass distortion but, in a screenshot, the jaggies are impressive.  This was an FS9 model but Bill says it's a complete rebuild.  Interestingly, none of his FSX original planes have a problem with DX10.  Completely OT but has anyone found a 'manifold pressure' gauge?

OT.but could you please post some screenshots of the plane ? I would be interested in the VC. I've seen the pictures on the lionheart   web page already but they all look too good when you go to the dev's site.Thx

The VC is as advertised except for nothing indicating manifold pressure.  The FS2004 version had the correct gauge.  The closeup clarity is excellent and it all works and no, this is for FSX/FSX Steam/the various P3D's.

If the developer wants to send me a copy then I will look into why it doesn't work.

If it's an fsx model (I cannot tell hence my suggestion above to uninstall the fixer libraries to see if it appears untextured) then I would guess it's using a blend state that the fsx dx10 engine doesn't support

E,g although a different issue I looked at a Grumman duck fsx model which had a (different) issue here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/465842-question-for-steve-about-window-glass/?hl+%

I would guess that as a quick workaround inverting the glass alpha setting might help matters

Thank you for your offer Steve, I forwarded your message to the developer here.

With best regards,

I've been informed that a 'manifold pressure' gauge will be part of a forthcoming update.

Back to my sim and on topic. As you suggested I uninstalled the DX10 Fixer libraries and had no result, the reflections are still there. I dont know if the developer has been in touch with you, I hope this can be resolved.

With thanks and best regards.