Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

New Lionheart Trinidad TB21 Lionheart cockpit windows

Interestingly, none of his FSX original planes have a problem with DX10

The Learjet also suffers from bad window reflections in DX10 and that was originally an FSX only product.

Looks great in P3D v3 though.

Thanks Steve, I shall check that on Saturday when I am back, however you are talking of sun visors, I was referring to the windshield and lateral windows with all those disturbing and ugly black strikes, is that also what you mean?

Thank you for your follow-up and purchase of the TB21 (Lionheart owe you one...)

Just for information, in P3Dv3.2 the reflections are also an issue.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

OK Steve, I will see if I am able to make screenshots of my DX9 cockpit (no reflection at all) and DX10 (with all those black lines on all windows) so that you can see what I have, it's definitely DX10 related, I agree that it does not prevent from flying the plane, but it can be distracting and does not look too nice either. If you dont have the same, that means it might be a problem on my end, I use a GTX680, I will also check the latest drivers and play with the NI settings. There's got to be a better compromise.  I'll report back.

The reason for my confusion is that two of these aircraft have been released (lion heart and just flight) and people have been contacting me about both. The sun visor issue is in the just flight aircraft which is the one that I purchased...

Hi Steve

This thread is actually about Lionheart's TB21, which has a similar issue with window reflections as Just Flight's TBs, but even stronger. Any help for this particular aircraft would be highly appreciated.

Felix

Ok, I have a simple workaround...

WARNING If you aren't confident copying and renaming files don't try this.

The instructions are

In the directory <fsx dir>\SimObjects\Airplanes\LHC_Trinidad_TB21GT\texture

1)  rename the texture GlobalEnv_AC_Plexi.dds  to something else e.g.  xGlobalEnv_AC_Plexi.dds

In the directory <fsx_dir>\Texture

2)  create a copy of the texture GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds

3) rename that copy to be called GlobalEnv_AC_Plexi.dds  

DO NOT rename the original!!!

There is some problem with the DX10 engine and the  version of the texture shipped with the aircraft that I don't fully understand. 

I think that DX10 is falling back to the bkg.bmp texture in some way.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks Steve. I shall try this tomorrow afternoon and shall report back. Again thanks for your excellent support (and product...)!

Brilliant Steve! problem solved thanks to your solution!!!

Having flown myself hundreds of hours on that (real) plane in Asia - almost thirty years ago - I was very frustrated not to be able enjoying it in the simulated world and made it known kindly  to LionHeart with no reply...

Once again, heartfelt thanks for your research and findings.

Kind regards,

Steve, thanks for solving the problem with the Lionheart's TB21.  Once Jean-Claude gave a good report that all is well with your changes, I went out and purchased the TB21 and made the corrections you mentioned and they worked perfectly. 

Thanks again,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I also applied your great fix in the meantime. Thanks a lot, Steve; it works perfectly well!

Felix