Sign in to follow this  
prozac919

No skin on PMDG 737 (probably been addressed before)

I've been out of FSX for a couple of years.  I just installed FSX and PMDG 737 on this computer.  I have no skin on the aircraft. It's like Wonder Woman's aircraft.  In the external view, I see all of the internal seats and control panels on the aircraft, but no skin.  When in the cockpit view, everything is floating in the air.  Does anyone know how to fix this or can you point me to a thread that addresses this issue?  

Have you added highmenfix=1 in your  graphic section of  your fsx.cfg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

no.  Do I cut an paste this?  I'm not saavvy.  Where is the fsx.cfg file.  I can't find it. 

HIGHMEMFIX=1 Cut/paste this to the [Graphics] section in fsx.cfg. Search for the file by clicking on the Windows Start button and typing the complete file name in Search Programs and Files.

First and last name is required in all PMDG Forums - http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/.

Where is the fsx.cfg file.  I can't find it.

Hello,

If using the search engine of Windows, don't forget to allow to display the hidden files in the folder options and to allow to search for hidden files in the serach options.

In Windows 7, the fsx.cfg file is there:

C:\Users\[PROPRIETAIRE]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

I have put PROPRIETAIRE between brackets because it is the name of your account and may be different in your system if ever you have Windows 7. I cannot tell for other versions of Windows but the principle is there.
Be advised that like I said before regarding hidden files and folders, the AppData folder is hidden and won't be scanned for by default by the search engine.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Original poster should read the Introduction document that is provided with product. This information is there, and much more.

Dan Downs KCRP

Agree. 

Even a check box before posting reminding to posters to sign their posts (all PMDG forums) and read the manuals before posting (for support forums) could be considered...

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Even a check box before posting reminding to posters to sign their posts

Your kidding  right:)  never happen

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got it fixed but not in the ways suggested.  I kept uninstalling and reinstalling.  I was using a download from the purchase history on the PMDG website.  Yesterday, I found a backup disk in my house with the program that I purchased and downloaded a couple of years ago.  This install worked.

Chuck

Yesterday, I found a backup disk in my house with the program that I purchased and downloaded a couple of years ago.

That may lead to other problems, such as not having the Operations Center to manage your liveries or even a working weather radar. Best to have the current version for a number of reasons.  Full names in the PMDG forum please.

Installing and uninstalling rarely fix a problem, and usually create more problems.  You're welcome to continue this in the user forum or you can create a support account at PMDG Product Support and get help from them directly.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you use EZdok, and don't run the configuration tool, it will not show your aircraft skin. So, do you use EZdok?

Usually when I've had that skin problem with the NGX, I ran the installer and chose "repair"

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600