Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

Active Sky 2016 and PMDG Wx Requests.

Good day.

I have recently upgraded to Active Sky 2016 and have noticed that I cannot get weather requests via the PMDG 777 FMC. i have checked all the folder paths in Active Sky. I use ProATC X and have updated the weather folder path to AS 2016. Do we need to point PMDG to the correct folder somehow? I've been through the manuals and cannot remember how I got it functional with the previous version. I haven't changed any settings in the FMC..still the previous setting I had with ASN. Any ideas would be welcome.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

When you have a flight plan loaded into ActiveSky, each time it updates the weather it will write the current weather .wx file to the <sim>\PMDG\WX folder for that flight plan (e.g. KLAXKMEM.wx).  When you request wind data from the FMC it will look in that directory for the .wx file for its current route.   At least, that's what it's doing for me in P3D.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Good day.

I have recently upgraded to Active Sky 2016 and have noticed that I cannot get weather requests via the PMDG 777 FMC. i have checked all the folder paths in Active Sky. I use ProATC X and have updated the weather folder path to AS 2016. Do we need to point PMDG to the correct folder somehow? I've been through the manuals and cannot remember how I got it functional with the previous version. I haven't changed any settings in the FMC..still the previous setting I had with ASN. Any ideas would be welcome.

Make sure the option auto load simulator flight plan is enabled.

André

Make sure the option auto load simulator flight plan is enabled.

Hi, for some reason that option was disabled. Seem to be working fine now. Thanks.

When you have a flight plan loaded into ActiveSky, each time it updates the weather it will write the current weather .wx file to the <sim>\PMDG\WX folder for that flight plan (e.g. KLAXKMEM.wx).  When you request wind data from the FMC it will look in that directory for the .wx file for its current route.   At least, that's what it's doing for me in P3D.

Thanks for the info...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I'm having a similar issue with Active Sky 2016 and the PMDG 777.  The route and weather data load fine until I get to the descent forecast.  At that screen I keep getting the invalid des forecast uplink message.  I have the PMDG 777 set to "Create and Load FSX plan to FSX" and I have AS2016 set to "Auto load simulator flight plan".  The WX.PLN file is created in the Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files folder which is the default folder that comes up when manually load a flight plan into AS16, but there is no flight plan in AS2016.  There is also a "KMIAKMCO.wx" file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\WX folder.  I think the issue is that AS16 isn't auto loading the flight plan even though I have that setting selected.  If I manually load the WX.PLN file in AS16, the data uplink works in the 777.  Any suggestions on how I can get the flight plan to auto load into AS16?

I think the issue is that AS16 isn't auto loading the flight plan even though I have that setting selected. If I manually load the WX.PLN file in AS16, the data uplink works in the 777. Any suggestions on how I can get the flight plan to auto load into AS16?

Let us know if you figure this out.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Nope.  I still haven't gotten this issue figured out.

Have you checked that the paths are set correctly under "General" settings in AS16?

Peter Webber

I think so.  Here is what I have:

Simulator installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Simulator application data folder: C:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

For data export path I've tried 2 places, neither worked.  The default was: C:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS16_FSX\Weather

The other folder I tried was:

C:\Users\**\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

Any ideas?

Maybe the PMDG 777 isn't loading the flight plan automatically to FSX even though in the FMC I have the option to "Create and Load FSX plan to FSX".  If I go to Flights -> Flight Planner in FSX after loading the flight plan from the 777  there is nothing there even though the route works fine in the 777.  Should I see the route loaded in the Flight Planner page inside FSX or is not seeing it there normal?  I don't know if this is the issue or not, but I'm just trying to think of other things that could be wrong.  Any help is appreciated.

I think so.  Here is what I have:

Simulator installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Simulator application data folder: C:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

For data export path I've tried 2 places, neither worked.  The default was: C:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS16_FSX\Weather

The other folder I tried was:

C:\Users\**\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

Any ideas?

Your paths are the same as mine (although I use P3D, your paths are equivalent).

Peter Webber

Sorry for bumping this rather old thread, but I'm experiencing the exact same issue as dkeysjr here.

I have "FSX PLN FILE FOR WX" configured as "CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX" in the FMC, and "Auto load simulator flight plan" checked in AS16.

After requesting, loading and activating a route by in 777's FMC, no flight plan gets loaded into FSX as well as AS16. It only loads the flight plan for 777's FMC itself.

I do get subsequent "PREF INIT UPLINK", "WIND DATA UPLINK" and "DES FORECAST UPLINK" notifications even without a flight plan in AS16.

"PREF INIT UPLINK" & "WIND DATA UPLINK" can be loaded fine, however when I try to load "DES FORECAST UPLINK" it gives "INVALID FORECAST UPLINK" error.

I'm running FSX-SE with latest PMDG 777-300ER and AS16 version 6239.

Any help would be much appreciated.