Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Question about Tweaks

Running a four core with HT disabled Bob? I would try running addon with affinity above core zero and use all four cores with no AM specified in that case. None the less many users do report good performance on three cores.

In some cases, restricting the sim to 3 cores on a 4 core CPU can help. In most cases, you're simply just getting 75% of the terrain rendering performance, though.

A better option would be to determine which processes are hogging the CPU. CPU usage should be close to 0% for all other processes when running P3D.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Yes that's right, but generally though nothing much happens. Instead the problems come from addon exe apps that by definition run alongside the sim. In these cases I usually would use four cores on the four core, or AM=85 with HT enabled, and start these exe addons with a batch file (.bat) to assert starting affinity above core zero.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Not to bring this back front and center...ashamedly I will though, what about the SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT...FSDT adds things to the .cfg file which can be annoying as all get out.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators