Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

weird taxi instructoon

Dave,

Just received a very weird taxi instruction, see also screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fy9miz9cd83h99o/p2a_taxi.jpg?dl=0

...taxi to runway 33 via foxtrot alpha delta echo, Hold short runway 15, and runway 33, and runway 33.

I'm at EGBB in the general aviation area, position 501. EGBB ground chart is available here :

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/pamslight/pdf/4e415453/EG/C/EN/Charts/AD/EG_AD_2_EGBB_2-2_en

How shall I get from Foxtrot to Alpha ? And crossing runway 15, and then 33 twice ??
Should be Hotel Lima Tango Alpha to 33, I think

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Gonna check this out... 1.Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pamslight/pdf/4e415453/EG/C/EN/Charts/AD/EG_AD_2_EGBB_2-2_en on this server....more shortly

2. I would take Fox1-xRwy33-Charlie-echo-echo1…

Amended with Nov15 AP diagram...Fox1-xRwy33-Charlie-echo-echo3-Sierra3-sierra1-Rwy 33

...But you're right ...those are ridiculous instructions.

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

LOL those are some funny instructions! I wonder how P2A get the taxi routes, if it gets them from the bgl file for the airport, the taxi routes could be broken. I never had that problem even with freeware addon airport scenery.

That is actually one of P2A features I like a lot, I can ask ground for taxi instructions to a specific gate after landing

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Yeah, remains somehow weird. Just to quickly check regarding a bgl problem, I tried it in PF3, it gave me the Hotel-Lima-Cross33-Tango-Alpha-33 as initially proposed.

It's UK2000 EGBB.

Mike

One thing you can do is press the Taxi button to the right of the map and zoom in to see what P2A is trying to tell you to do. 

The taxi path bgl the info is  taken from is original FSX scenery, so it is out of date for some airports and taxiway names have changed and even some new runways have been built...in these situations, the taxi instructions may be totally weird.

Also, in some cases, the data is bad and so the instructions are even more weird.

Dave

Hm, why not read that data from MakeRwys.exe, it could be kept up-to-date that way ?

Unfortunately I ran out of demo time again so can't check the taxi button on the map.

However, what worries me more, I could not get anything show up in the Grammer Help and also my SayIt options remained empty, even though I have selected the corresponding facility (ground, etc.)

Mike