Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Installing 3rd party avionics on Milviz 310R

Hi.  I was looking at some Milviz documentation for installing 3rd-party avionics on the Cessna 310R and how to alter the aircraft .cfg file for this.   One of the combinations for this is the Flight 1 GTN Series, specifically the (GTN 750 + Milviz GNS 430) combination.  Could someone please tell me where to find the Milviz GNS 430?  I've looked on the Flight 1 website and don't see any mention of it.  Actually, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thank you very much for any help with this.

Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Did you read the manual that comes with the product?  

For all existing customers, there will, shortly (it's in beta) be a release that allows you to choose which setup(s) you wish to have in the VC...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Jeff,

The MilViz GNS 430 comes with the MilViz 310 by default.  It is a MilViz coded GNS 430 gauge.

The GTN 750 has to be bought separately from Flight1.

Thanks for the reply.  Well, yes, I thought what I was reading came from the manual as it was from Milviz and gave quite a few combinations for avionics in the 310, but since what you are talking about is in "beta" i guess this must be something else or maybe just older. 

Jeff,

The MilViz GNS 430 comes with the MilViz 310 by default.  It is a MilViz coded GNS 430 gauge.

The GTN 750 has to be bought separately from Flight1.

Thanks, Mike, that's what I thought, but when I tried to install the avionics according to the Milviz documentation I got a prompt saying something like the installation of gauges was not successful.  Now that maybe indicates I need to use the Update Tool from Flight 1 to update my GTN 750 which I had purchased a while back (but had updated fairly recently).  When I saw the prompt I, at first, thought maybe I was missing the Milviz GNS 430,but if it's there by default that probably isn't the problem.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado