Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Aerosim, a new trend...

Guest jboweruk

In truth it's hard for anyone to come up to the standards of people like Dreamfleet, their guys are without doubt the best in the business and are setting the flags for everyone else to follow. I like the Caravan from Feelthere, it's a lot better than the default IMHO. As to Aeroworx and the Baron well according to them no they won't drop it, there's is not the same version as DF's one, and they have both agreed that will make a difference.

I enjoy "lite" aircraft as well. Simpler systems not only means less time, but usually better framerates as well. Personally I fly both kinds of aircraft regularly.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest bdg

I enjoy the lite also. Over the years I have tried the more complex aircraft but find myself complaining about the frames even though I have a high end system. I want the eye candy too which meant I had to move to the lite aircraft. With the additions of U-Terrain, U-Traffic, Mesh and of course BEV I have found myself looking for aircraft that allows me to have good frames, settle for a less complex aircraft and still have enough horspower to enjoy the outside world as well. Bob

With Aerosim and this new Airbus addon, you are pretty much settling for panels that look like they came out of some dude's freeware hangar ca. FS98. Many of the FREEWARE panels that came out for FS2000 (e.g. Yannick's stuff) are MILES ahead of some of this so-called "lite" nonsense that's being sold today. Let's not call it "lite", let's call it lazy. ricardo

Guest Debosonic

Ricardo is right.I have the Aerosim CL2 pack. The only reason I got it, is because I long for a tristar. It is good, but it is a lite plane. I wish it had APUs, batteries, bleed air, IRS and all the rest. Just can't imagine an ailriner without it. It is a shame, because their tristar has a fantastic exterior model, good flight model and good autopilot. I am still getting the Pilots Tristar when it's done.Lite packages maybe all the rage nowdays, but we can't blame the Developers for addressing these markets. Even PMDG are playing on both fronts. Their B1900 and their Boeings are at a different category. Some simmers even like both categories. Although I do own a few lite packages, such the aerosim and the PMDG 1900 D, I have decided not to waste anymore money for that. Being a non-real pilot, the hard core simulations of dream fleet, PMDG, PSS and others are the mainstay in my hangar and I keep coming back to these sims. I have learnt quite a lot about airliner flying, (though I imagine that I am still light years away from being an ATPL) and I enjoy swithcing knobs for half and hour before and after each flight, preparing it, slowly taxiing, making that good take off climb cruise descent and landing. The flip-a-switch-to-start-the-engines characteristic of lite packages KILLS the realism in my opinion. C'mon, you would agree that even a vacuum cleaner is more complicated than that. It is really sad to see developers addressing the lite market, when they are capable of producing true hard core sims. Still I can understand the need to make a buck, and that is true for all of us...We need to put bread on the table.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mine is that the CL2 Tristar is excellent value.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Debosonic

You right Sir, we are entitled to our opinions...I don't wish to upset anyone with my post...I too think that Aerosim CL2 package is of great value, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.It is just that I like my sims to have a bit of a start-up procedure.

"GET YOUR PROGRAMS HERE...YOU CAN'T TELL THE PLAYERS WITHOUT A PROGRAM !...." I think we all have heard that chant before at the ballpark.I don't understand the behind the scenes organization of the "sim" companies or the reasons they select the aircraft they do for development.examples ;The Dreamfleet Baron VS the upcoming Aeroworx Baron. I have airplanes from both companies, how different are they? Which one am I going to buy?Emilio Cardenas of Clear Simulations (Spain ?) announced they are working on a Cessna 206 Stationair for this winter (see announcement on AVSIM) and Carenado (Spain?) is expected to release a Cessna 206 Stationair at the end of this month. Are these two different airplanes from different companies?Aerosoft is releasing a Beech 18 that will have to compete with Shupe's excellent freeware B18."...Aeroworx dropped their Caravan because they saw Feelthere was developing one..". It was my impression that the Aeroworx Caravan was being marketed under the Feelthere banner.To me a "sim" website is a store front, who owns the store is less clear.

Guest IanP

Well I can answer two, straight off: Carenado are their own developer. Clear Simulations I've never heard of anything from before but it will have to be something special to be succesful in a marketplace well after what promises to be a good quality model is already released. I can only assume that they are hoping they will pick up the (still fairly common) people who won't buy from Carenado because of things that happened in the past.Aeroworx have stopped developing their Caravan, but have repeatedly said that it is not "cancelled". The feelThere aircraft is not the same one.The only time the same aircraft will be found under multiple banners is usually boxed versions - for instance JustFlight marketing Captain Sim's B707 recently. They also market PSS products on CD and several other companies.Developers often see a gap in thw marketplace at the same time and all start work on the same thing at the same time (e.g. 727s not too long ago). The end result of this is that several announce products and there is a race to get them out first - whoever releases first normally makes the most sales. It's as simple as that.Cheers,Ian P.

This thread is a good example that unless the developer has a passion to produce a hard core sim (LDS, majestic Dash 8, etc)then they should focus on the general addon public which prefers a great looking model with realistic, but not extreme systems modeling. As pointed out, the PMDG Beech 1900 series is a fantastic example of this kind of offering (even though many complained that it was going to be a lite version) whereas the Feelthere Caravan was just a poor, over priced attempt.Personally I want realistic visual detail and get in and go, than having to go thru the chacklist just to get the engine prepped to be started.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW