Sign in to follow this  
zsaxman

Nav/Course Lineup Problems

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm hoping to get some help with an issue I'm having with my PMDG 744 for FSX. I've used the PMDG products for a long time on FS9, but I've recently switched to FSX now that I have a rig that can handle it (only took 6 years ^_^ ). 

Here are some pics of the issue I'm having:

747_2.jpg

747.jpg

General description:

I was flying into LAX the other night and found that, while on approach for 25L, I was actually flying a strange angle towards the airport and the ILS points were not aligned with the runway centerline. I attempted to manually fly to the center line, but the VATSIM controller notified me that I was actually 5nm north of the field. I logged off and started to trouble shoot the issue the best that I could, but so far I've found that I have a similar issue with all of the LAX issue and also other airports as well. When I eventually get to an airport (visual approach) the aircraft marker on the map is "somehow" at the airport, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly what it is doing. 

What I've done so far:

Updated all AIRACS (1607)
Updated magdec file
Utilized the registry fixer from Flight 1
Ensure the IRS units are all aligned, following the manual and also confirming with youtube searches
Disk cleanups

Anyone have any ideas? Is this an "uninstall then reinstall" hopeful repair situation or is there a specific fix known?

Thank you for your time and help! 

Zach

Zach,

Typically that kind of behavior on the 747-400 for FSX is caused by an FSX Registry Error.  You can submit a support ticket on our portal and i'll be happy to send you a tool that should help correct the issue.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg