Sign in to follow this  
captain420

jardesign follow me car and ground handling add-on

I was wondering if anyone has a review or opinions of these 2 addon's from jardesign? The creator of the a320 NEO and the a330.

http://jardesign.org/followme-car-for-x-plane-10/

http://handling.jardesign.org/

I want to purchase these add-ons, especially the follow me car, but it doesn't work at all airports, and that's the downside. So from my understanding, in order to get that to work, the airport must have some sort of apt.dat that includes the taxi ways. I wish it would work with every airport out of the box, I am not a fan of having to buy an add-on only having to tinker and tweak it to get it to work. It should work right away.

The same with the ground handling add-on, looks amazing, but it doesn't seem to work out of the box for other planes. It's already configured for the A330/A320, but if you want to get it working with other planes, you have to set it up yourself.

Anyways, I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions for those who have and own these plugins. I'm curious if its worth a buy or not.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Lenny, does the ground handling add-on support planes like flightfactor's 777, 767, 757, A350XB, Flysim 727, etc?

For the follow me car, if it doesn't work at a certain airport, how can one make it compatible to work? How many airports would you say the follow me car add-on supports, from looking at the map it seems like its not compatible with a lot of airports.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Jar plugins are known to cause sound issues with other addons. I love the A330 but deleted the included ground handling plugin as it messed up the sounds on my Ixeg 737

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Lenny, does the ground handling add-on support planes like flightfactor's 777, 767, 757, A350XB, Flysim 727, etc?

For the follow me car, if it doesn't work at a certain airport, how can one make it compatible to work? How many airports would you say the follow me car add-on supports, from looking at the map it seems like its not compatible with a lot of airports.

I know it is compatible with FF 777 as it is right on the link I provided. Check out the several of pages on that thread as the included files are attachments  which you just drop into the folder.

Keep in mind that you can create what you want with whatever plane you want for groundhandling. Just read the instructions.

In terms of follow me car you can create taxi routes but the map is not a reflection at how many taxi routes have been created. Look at the thread for all the info you want but you'll see many routes which have not been reflected in the map.

http://jardesign.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=33

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb