Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What's the best looking airport/scenery add-on for X-Plane?

So far I think DD New York City XP and Aerosoft London Heathrow airport add-ons are the most beautiful ones for X-Plane. What others out there are on that quality that you guys can recommend?

Although I already purchased DD New York City X for FSX/P3D and converted the scenery to X-Plane format. I'm wondering if the official XP version from DD is any different? I'm wondering if he optimized this for XP or use conversion tools that are available and resold it as New York City "XP". Does anyone know?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Aerosoft Manchester is very good, and I also purchased LOWL and LOWS, very nice indeed. If you are in the market for GA airports, Lufker-Spadaro is a true work of art.

Anything by Mr. X is worthwhile. The price? Free or donationware.

• Upvote 2

NAX669.png

Anything by Mr. X is worthwhile. The price? Free or donationware.

That is true, apologies, I thought he only meant payware. The MisterX sceneries are a must-have.

In no particular order, and this really also betrays my bias towards small aircraft.

PAJN by MisterX6 (freeware)

CZST by Beti-X (payware)

KTNP by 29 Palms (payware)

KPUW by Aerosoft (don't know who the actual dev is) (payware)

There's some other small freeware ones that I just can't recall at the moment that are also outstanding. I have purchased Lufker-Spadaro, but I have yet to try it out, so while it looks good, I can't give my recommendation. :wink:

I actually fly to/from my own Gateway published airports about 95% of the time due to the fact that I enjoy flying in my own area, but the above are amazing.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Flightbeam makes airports for X-Plane?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Anything from MisterX6

CZST by Beti-x

29 Palms KTNP

Truscenery EFTP

Truscenery Helsinki

Lufker - Spadero  (lots of fun)

Rob

I generally don't like the larger airports and prefer small regional and GA airports. My favourites are:

Payware:

1. CZST Stewart. This is a masterpiece, and beats even the very talented Russ White's ORBX version for FSX. It has incredible textures and detail. It's such a pity BetiX didn't make any more. It's also an awesome region to fly in

2. Truscenery's Finland airports. These are all very good quality and just about the size I like

3. Icarus Manchester (Aerosoft). Not a small field, but an airport I know personally quite well.

Freeware:

1. All of MisterX's stuff. A little heavy on the framerates for me, and generally not places I like flying in, but amazing non the less.

2. KFYJ WestPoint and others by Belga12345.

There are so many high quality freeware airports that I can't remember them all. Generally the good airports get lost in all the lego-brick or generic airports that get posted frequently and I miss a lot. I also generally don't download freeware airports that use hundreds of libraries (and we now have way too many).

On a side note, I'm also making my own very highly detailed GA airfield. ( http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/90019-norway-scenery-work-in-progress/&do=findComment&comment=1040991 ). I think there is so much potential for Norway in X-Plane, and hopefully we will be seeing lots more.

• Upvote 3

I'm wondering if he optimized this for XP or use conversion tools that are available and resold it as New York City "XP". Does anyone know?

Only the developer can answer your question. I have both versions and XP 10 looks amazing at night. The FSX version doesn't look as good day or night. Performance is about the same on my system.

Aside from MisterX6, two excellent XP Airports are SBRJ & SBGL available at the org. 

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Chrustchurch Intl by Chris K is pretty good (Freeware)

http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/122-nzch-christchurch-international-airport-isdg/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Nimbus makes good stuff also you can convert some FSX and FS2004 scenery to xplane with FS2xplane

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.