Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Recreating Real World Vickers VC-10 Carribean Flight

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting realistic recreation of real world Vickers VC-10 flight from MKJS Sangster International Airport located 3 miles east of Montego Bay, Jamaica to MYGF Grand Bahama International Airport located in Freeport, Bahamas

Starting engines off the gate of MKJS

vc1_zpszjixbiiw.jpg

Taxiing to short of runway 07

vc2_zps1ogpc2eg.jpg

Holding short of runway 07

vc3_zpsh6jgfs7p.jpg

Airport photographer spotters get excited by this view

vc4_zpsx6avws4t.jpg

Still holding short of runway 07 (yeah everybody wants to fly to Jamaica for vacations)

vc5_zpsx6hvlczt.jpg

Entering into runway 07 for take off

vc6_zpscwchexco.jpg

Airborne on climb to FL350

vc7_zpsqjrwzcvb.jpg

Leaving island of Jamaica!!

vc8_zpsdmcamctv.jpg

vc10_zpszwsu1u6f.jpg

Still on climb to FL350

vc9_zpsbvufruh0.jpg

Now cruising at FL350

vc11_zpsj2nibmci.jpg

vc12_zpsdqu72ptt.jpg

Approaching southern shore of Cuba!!

vc13_zpsutzf7o7v.jpg

vc14_zpsrvxp9r7b.jpg

You can tell from waters that you are getting closer to the southern shore of Cuba

vc15_zpsj1udwqdk.jpg

vc16_zps8m6rntaf.jpg

vc17_zps0zoaqbyp.jpg

Crossing Cuba!!

vc18_zpsowf927sw.jpg

vc19_zpsufgi0kdc.jpg

Leaving northern shores of Cuba!!!

vc20_zpsddj9m2j8.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of exciting flight.

Here is the link: http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/topic/43684-recreating-real-world-vickers-vc-10-carribean-flight/

Thank you for viewing.  Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg

Great shots.

Lovely airport/Island to fly into...strike up a friendship and the peoples there will give you the shirts on their backs... 

Yes; that midday/afternoon inbound traffic can have you "holding short of rwy 07" for sometime. while holding short I have used the time to wave to the photographers they love that stuff or watch the sailboats and jet-skies going by.

Beautiful shots of a bygone livery and lovely airliner! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Twiggys, Highbypass, and FDX777,

Thanks for your kind words.

Twiggys, you are real life airline pilot?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Great screenies and a wonderful plane, Aharon

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Twiggys, Highbypass, and FDX777,

Thanks for your kind words.

Twiggys, you are real life airline pilot?

Regards,

Aharon

I am, but only flying corporate these days, gets me back home in time for dinner. 

• Upvote 1

Vololibersta,  I am using freeware model found on this website: http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

Twiggys,  awesome that you are real life pilot!!!  The main reason the airport is always busy at noon is that all airlines usually depart 8 am in America for flights to Jamaica arriving there about noon and then depart about 1 or 2 for return flights to America.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Vololibersta,  I am using freeware model found on this website: http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

Regards,

Aharon

I was wondering! By the end of August look out for a major panel update on Avsim for DM's Super VC10. Hundreds of changes have been made. Far too many to list here. The engines have been completely re-written with new interior sounds and correct thrust across the spectrum. Underwing refuelling, authentic load sheet, code share briefings for 80 ICAO regions, a new wide-screen panel etc etc. The update contains about 700 gauges in comparison to DM's original 140! The Technical and Operational Procedures Manual is in its final stages and will probably be ready soon after I return to Italy in early August.

In the mean time here are some teasers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHhYduG53Ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crpKtgPIptQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3flqD_Ne6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7K102jts0s

• Upvote 1

Vololibersita,

Awesome and thanks for cool links as well as fantastic explanations!

I did not know you developed and programmed that freeware VC-10 software.

One question: when you are remodernizing the freeware VC-10 addon, are you going to improve the passenger windows too?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Vololibersita,

Awesome and thanks for cool links as well as fantastic explanations!

I did not know you developed and programmed that freeware VC-10 software.

One question: when you are remodernizing the freeware VC-10 addon, are you going to improve the passenger windows too?

Regards,

Aharon

I'm not touching the model. That kind of modelling is not my forte unfortunately. When the entire project is finished. Possibly early next year I might persuade one of my contacts to start on a model for P3D. As it has to be a totally new model. That however will require hundreds of photographs and measurements which is a small problem as neither of us live in the UK!

@Vololibersita

This is awesome. You do realise you are elevating this product to rank quite high up the scale in terns of that VC panel. This, for me is as much anticipated as that QoTS. :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

@Vololibersita

This is awesome. You do realise you are elevating this product to rank quite high up the scale in terns of that VC panel. This, for me is as much anticipated as that QoTS. :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

I'm currently writing up the tutorial flight so definately on the home stretch aka finals! Probably I'll finish it soon after returning from the UK in early August, as I'll have to run through everything and make final corrections. It'll almost certainly be two downloads if not three. As the folder just containing the gauges is more than 500mb!

• Upvote 1