Sign in to follow this  
roroma

Questions after reverting to Win7

Hi all,

Yesterday I decided to try FSX on Win 10 did not like it. Win 10 is a good operating system (I use it on another computer for school) but I don't like it as an OS for flight sim. I reverted and everything seems to be back perfectly. My question: are there any Windows 10 OS files on my computer I'll never need that I can delete? If so, where are they stored? I'd imagine they are taking up a great deal of space on my hard drive, and I can't seem to find anything online about my specific question so I thought I'd ask here. Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Don't go down that road. I tried to replace Win 10 ( that came pre-installed) with win 7. I tried every trick to get it on a different partition but Win 10 blocked it  very time. I then reformatted the Win 10 partition thinking  I could now install win 7.

Long story short: I now have a laptop that will boot enough to get to BIOS, boot from a USB chip, or DVD. Unfortunately, every attempt to install Win 7 gets to the "INSTALL" point and a popup:  A DEVICE DRIVER IS MISSING, CDROM DVD BLAH, BLAH.." and that is where it is today waiting for my next attempt.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Thanks for the response. I've already gone back to Windows 7. I originally had Windows 7 so after I upgraded I used the 31 day "revert" feature of upgraded Win10. My question is if there are any Win10 files on my Win7 installation I can get rid of. 

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

I cannot say yes or no to does windows 10 leave files behind. I tried to go back to windows 7 pro after 7 months and windows 10 would not allow me to load/boot from the 7 disk or from inside windows 10 it's self. It would turn off the mouse and keyboard which are both USBs.  Finally took it into the shop where it was built and they removed both smaller ssd's and replaced them with one larger one plus put the computer back to Windows 7 Pro.

While running windows 10, after a period of time, more things stopped working on FSX til finally it would not even reload due to missing/mismatched files. Since FSX is so old, the newer windows 10 must not have needed those older XP and 7 files. 

Terry