Sign in to follow this  
MadMackem

Black Screen on Airbus decent

Hi all,

I get this error "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding" when I initiate decent in the Airbus in FSX. This is a recent thing. I've rolled back my graphics driver to a previous version and still the same. The sim continues but in sound only, after the screen goes black, any ideas?

Cheers.

Spec-: Geforce GTX 750ti

i5-6500 3.2GHz

16Gb Ram

Windows7 Ult 64bit

What are your sim settings set at?  if you have your settings too high, it can cause a crash.  Also, you had not specified any other add-ons (aside from Aerosoft's Airbus X) installed into your sim.  Both settings and add-ons can cause a strain on a system.

If you have the Airbus X installed, did you change the rendering option in the config?  If so, put it back to the default.  I changed mine once, thinking it would make for better performance, and I had issues.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

This link has possible solutions - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

What are your sim settings set at?  if you have your settings too high, it can cause a crash.  Also, you had not specified any other add-ons (aside from Aerosoft's Airbus X) installed into your sim.  Both settings and add-ons can cause a strain on a system. If you have the Airbus X installed, did you change the rendering option in the config?  If so, put it back to the default.  I changed mine once, thinking it would make for better performance, and I had issues.

Thx for the reply, I never mentioned my settings because this is a new error, I haven't had problems before. I'm thinking a driver update of some kind may have caused this.

This link has possible solutions - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

Will have a look Jim, thx for the reply.

A quick update, not saying this has solved all, but, I've just finished a flight hooray!! lol. My gpu cable in to my pc was a little loose, tightened it fully and flew EDDL to EGLL and no probs. I'm sure it can't be as simple as that, but I've got everything crossed.

I'll leave the post at un-solved atm but will change it after another(hopefully) successfull flight.

I think the issue is running EFB at the same time as Airbus. Don't have a problem running EFB & PMDG, but this is what I've narrowed it down to.