Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

New Computer: Intel 6700K @ 4.6ghz + Nvidia 1080GTX VS X-Plane 10

Ok so with the IXEG 737 at MrX SFO with Skymax and World Traffic running with everything maxed out I was getting 50 FPS at 1920X1080

at 3440x1440 I was getting 20FPS so I dropped the eye candy a little and now getting 35FPS :)

Here are some images from my side.

Skymaxx is maxed out and photo scenery is being used. Resolution 3440x1440 Ultra Wide screen

Rendering settings 

full.png

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I'm honestly not that impressed with the 1080. Went from 780Ti to 1080 and I barely notice any difference in Xplane, but I guess having more Vram is a plus.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I'm honestly not that impressed with the 1080. Went from 780Ti to 1080 and I barely notice any difference in Xplane, but I guess having more Vram is a plus.

Strange.  I went from a 780ti to a 980ti (EVGA OC) about a year ago and I definitely noticed a difference on a 1440p monitor.

To be honest, although it would be exciting to spring for a new card, I've been happy enough with my 980ti that I'm planning on hanging onto it for another year. Perhaps see how things shake out, or spring for a new CPU & MB next year if there's anything compelling to upgrade to.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Would it be worth it to upgrade from a GTX 580 to a 1080, for P3D purposes? Will I see a difference?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Would it be worth it to upgrade from a GTX 580 to a 1080, for P3D purposes? Will I see a difference?

Maybe better to ask in the P3D forum?

How much VRAM does that GTX 580 have?

1.5Gb only. It may be considered outdated I guess, I purchased it in 2010. I'm one of the old "sandy bridge" processor people. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

1.5Gb only. It may be considered outdated I guess, I purchased it in 2010. I'm one of the old "sandy bridge" processor people.

For P3D, I think a new processor would be the first priority......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I heard the best cure for P3D issues is to format the harddrive it resides on.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

P3D is still a 32bit software so you will be fine with the G3258 duo core, and oc it to 4.5Ghz. That would be about a $200 investment for both CPU and new water or air cooling. Run Windows on core 0 and P3D on core 1.... done.

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

I heard the best cure for P3D issues is to format the harddrive it resides on.

I see what you did there! :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Today i assembled my new computer. (I7 6700k+GTX1080 Strix+32GB RAM) Is it recommendet to reinstall Xplane, or can i use my old installation?

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Old should be fine, xplane leaves nothing in the registry afaik.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Today i assembled my new computer. (I7 6700k+GTX1080 Strix+32GB RAM) Is it recommendet to reinstall Xplane, or can i use my old installation?

Just use your old install, but some payware will need to be reactivated.