Sign in to follow this  
jjmuzz

no panel

Just recently purchased the 777 version and am trying to get the button version to work. I cannot get the program to give me the main panel. The tips on the config manager seem to pertain to the voice version.  I have tried to assign the function to several keys with no results. I don't understand the fsuipc assignment logic. There is no mention of the program in the FSX views folder.

Hi, 

You don't need fsuipc to assign a key to open/close the main panel or to set keys for the main and secondary button.

Just use FSX normal key assignment.

Open/close the main panel:  'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)'  in FSX controls (valid for both the voice and the button version.)

Where have you tried to assign the keys to the function, in the FSX settings/controls or in fsuipc?

In any case you have to assign a key in FSX controls even if you use fsuipc after.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

There is no mention of the program in the FSX views folder

Also, if you don't see the FS2Crew Main Panel on the VIEWS - INSTRUMENT menu, it means FS2Crew is not on your panel.cfg.

Run the FS2Crew 777 Config Manager and select "Enable FS2Crew".

You may have a write permission issue... right click on the FSX.EXE and select "always run as an admin" in the Compatibility tab.

Cheers,

I have tried assigning several different keys to the autofeather function in the fsx , none produces fs2crew. Right clicking on fsx.exe does not produce a compatability tab. Again, there is no fs2crew in the views/instrument panel in fsx

Right clicking on fsx.exe does not produce a compatability tab

What version of Windows are running? How is your UAC set up?

there is no fs2crew in the views/instrument panel in fsx

Can you check in the panel.cfg of the PMDG 777-200LR folder that you have the following in the windows list (the numbers may be different depending on what software you may have installed):

window20=FS2Crew Main Panel
window21=FS2Crew Ground Panel
window22=FS2Crew PA Panel
window23=FS2Crew Briefing Panel
window24=FS2Crew FA Panel

Then check that you have the corresponding [WINDOW XX] entry further down in the same file with XX corresponding to the numbers in the windows list.

If none of the entry above appears in the panel.cfg, it means that fs2crew is not installed for that aircraft.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

there is no fs2crew in the panel.cfg file.  What do you suggest I do?   Re-install?    Thanks

Hello,

Did you try to run the FS2Crew 777 Config Manager and select "Enable FS2Crew"?

What happens when you do it?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Do you have the latest version of the PMDG 777? 

Are you launching the FS2Crew 777 Config Manager with admin rights?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

yes - nothing

Send me a Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

It's probably a write permission issue.

Or maybe you installed FS2Crew into the wrong place.

When you installed FS2Crew, did the installer "auto-detect" the location of the main FS folder?

Update:

We fixed this.

His panel.cfg file was a bit messed up.

Note:  If you ever re-install the PMDG 777 or 737, manually delete the PMDG 737/ 777 folder in the Simobjects folder prior to re-installing.

This will ensure your panel.cfg file is all fresh and new when you re-install (ensures the old panel.cfg doesn't remain).

We fixed this.

His panel.cfg file was a bit messed up.

Thanks for the update!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

If it was my panel.cfg messed up --  I uninstalled and reinstalled. The FS2crew items are in the panel.cfg now, but I still can't get the FS2crew panel to appear.

What happens when you try to open the FS2Crew Main Panel via the VIEWS - INSTRUMENT menu?

If the FS2Crew Main Panel opens there, then the issue is with the key assignment assigned to AUTOFEATHER ARM/OFF.

I use the "n" key for that.

I fixed it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU