Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Computer won't boot into Windows 7 anymore

Jude,

You appear to have included your reply within my quote making it look the whole thing has come from me. Nothing controversial so not a problem. Just saying. :wink:

Yes, for some reason, I could not type outside of your quote.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Yes, for some reason, I could not type outside of your quote.

When you choose Quote and the Reply window opens there is an icon top-left named BBCode Mode. Press that to toggle out of HTML mode and you have more control over how your reply is handled.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As others have said leaving your PC on continuously is asking for trouble.

Not to mention the ' lecky bill!

Fixed :)

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

As for leaving computers on all the time I have worked and am working for institutions where the IT guys insist that you leave you PC on when you go home. This allows them to do updates, housekeeping etc. And in fact it is not good for a PC to be constantly turned on and off.

That said, leaving your computer on so that it can receive automatic updates though is most definately a no no!

As others have said leaving your PC on continuously is asking for trouble. What about updates that require a reboot to become effective? Do you apply updates?

Anyway, to answer your problem try powering the PC off and disconnect the power cable for 30 secs. Then plug it back in and start it up. I had a strange boot-up problem recently and doing that solved it.

Yep...he could get a transitional voltage spike in the mains...and that absolutely could be causing his problems, as well as dead ports, etc.  Any time I hear, or read about thunder...and going to be away from the home...I remove the mains plugs from the computer/cable modem, tv, turn off central air, microwave, radios/stereo stove that has susceptible electronic boards...etc, etc.   Leaving your computer on,, as well as any of the above listed.....is asking Murphy to pay you a serious 'visit'....  Just sayin'....

BTW...unless your cable line, coming in from your cable provider, and is going to your cable modem, or TV(s)...is voltage spike (SURGE) protected, then even if you pull your AC plug out....a most serious voltage spike can come through your cable line..and cook your cable inputs on all your equipment.  Not too many people were even aware that this can happen.  You need to have a Spike Arrester (also called a Surge Protector)  that also has an input and output for your phone AND cable provider. If not, and you do not remove your cable from the modem and/or the tv...your equipment is still susceptible for a input burn out...your antenna inputs/cable feed inputs.

Oh...one more thing...a lightning flash across the sky within 3 miles of your home, can cause a natural EMP...that can severely damage a flat screen tv....and this has NOTHING to do with voltage line, surges.  This is a naturally occurring phenomenon of a lightning strike within 3 miles of your house, and your TV only has to be on, to be at risk!

The best thing you can do, is turn off your TV at least a HALF HOUR before you expect a lightning storm in your vicinity.  You ask...why a full half hour?  The answer:  Because most modern tv's have tons of capacitors...that are STILL HOT...still holding voltage, that is powering a circuit.   An EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) can destroy, or lock-out/freeze any circuit (motherboard, feature board) that is still having a voltage running through the circuits.

Look online about EMP and lightning storms...and what they can do to any of your sensitive (Flat Screen TV's are one of the most sensitive electronics you have in your home...very fragile, actually...)

Ok...my warning alert switch is off...back to regular scheduled programming....

]

As our friend hasn't returned to this thread since his last post on 12 July I think it's reasonable to assume he's either solved it and forgotten about us or the computer has failed completely and he can't log in to update us. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather