Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Nominate your best work!

I wrote this in a response in another thread, but thought it was interesting enough to warrant its own discussion.I've been posting my repaints and other files here for awhile and recently counted them up. 87000 downloads and growing. What struck me as funny, is that the one repaint that I consider my best work, a Panagra DC-7 El InterAmericano scheme, wasnt really that popular. (350-400 downloads I think.) compared to some other stuff I had done.I have seen lots of reviews and compliments of others work, but rarely do I see an author/contributor say what he thinks is the very best of his own body of work contributed. I'd love it if those who have posted to the Avsim Lib (1 file to whatever number!) would say what they are most proud of. Most people are their own most critical judge. So this would be an interesting thing to compile as a list. Also, any file type is ok. payware, freeware ok....just so long as its in the Avsim library.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest TWVA395

My best work would be the AFCAD for FlySeattle. As for the AVSIM library... I'd have to say my West Coast AFCAD Package. Over 2,000 downloads and it includes like 17 airports. Wow, I can't believe I did that. :-lol The only problem with the package is I uploaded the wrong version of KLAX. However, there is a replacement file so I think the package with the update is my best work.http://www.kthxdone.com/images/kw_ft.jpgKen Weik [link:maam.org|MAAM-SIM][link:library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=kenneth+weik&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My AFCADs

For me it's a no brainer--"Landclass Assistant", especially version 1.4Second is probably the project I aided Pascal on (Saab 340 rerelease)Third, probably Autoland 2004 since the Autoland series was my first add-on for any version of MSFS and dates back to FS98 days...Edit--I almost forgot another project--"Soft Horizons". Although the end result was a very small file, it took several hours of work to complete and it transformed my own enjoyment of FS2004 more than any other add-on I dived into.-John

For me, its usually my latest offerings as I've learnt new techniques etc. My favourite work so far is my as yet unseen work on the Aeroworx Harvard :)

Well, I've painted a few aircraft and made a few panels over the past few years, but what probably makes me happiest of all is to see others enjoying what I've done. So it has to be my packaging of the Red Arrows for flightsim, based on Owen Hewitt, Mikko Maliniemi and Kari Virtanen's models, which files have seen well in excess of 100,000 downloads from those sites I know about. The number may be far higher, as they have spread far and wide judging by the email feedback; and I have no figures for the RAF's own 'Red Arrows' site, which hosts them also.Here's my own summary of the packages to date:http://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlMarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

a380fs9.zip is my favorite repaint :). I put a lot of effort into it. My most popular repaint has been downloaded over 6,400 times at Avsim alone (a380revealfs9.zip). It has been downloaded over 12,000 times across the various FS file libraries :-eek

For me it would be my part in Free Flow's latest release of the Bermuda scenery. I finally broke out of the painting box and did an airport scenery. I had been dabbling in this for a while but had never uploaded any of my airports before. I am especially proud that the guys at Free Flow thought it good enough to include with thier scenery. The response has been wonderful and as Mark said above, when you know others are enjoying your work, it has a special meaning. Other than that I would say any of my Delta repaints in the old "widget" scheme. I like to think I'm an expert on that one ;)By the way Eric, I have that Panagra paint, it is superb!!!Hornit

(Thanks Hornit.. :)BTW, Yr bermuda stuff is excellent!Eric

Sorry Morgan... While I KNOW what yr next work will look like because Im in the same beta program... :-) Its whats uploaded presently that counts...Heck, I have the aero version of the Mona Lisa in my bottom drawer!!! Eric

>Sorry Morgan... While I KNOW what yr next work will look like>because Im in the same beta program... :-) Its whats uploaded>presently that counts...Heck, I have the aero version of the>Mona Lisa in my bottom drawer!!! >>EricOk Eric, you're breaking my back here ;)My favourite seen work then is probably either my paint scheme for Milton's D18 or my textures for the FSD Avanti (even though they got little to no recognition at FSD or here) I did a new paint kit which is photoreal and some paint schemes to go along with it. Same for the Aerostar actually.. oh well. :)

I

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would have to say my most downloaded file is the repaint I did of the old freeware FSD T-38 Talon in 1970's thunderbird colors.However, my favorite is the repaint I did of the Aeroworx King Air in real world colors, N6571U. Or maybe it was the repaint of the Aussim Piper Warrior II in real world colors, N4381F. I did a lot of my private and instrument flight training in this aircraft at Tacoma Narrows Airport.So many repaints it is hard to choose which is my favorite...:DYou can download all my repaints http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...=0&Page=1&Go=GoKevin

This is a really interesting thread, Eric - thanks for starting it. Your comment about "your" favorite not being "their" favorite really struck a chord. It speaks towards a human nature - even in these pursuits, no matter how self serving the act of creating might be (I know my FREEflow New England work was a personal triumph in finally, after three releases of FS, being able to make my own version of the connecticut river from NH to Long Island Sound), the real measure of "success" is generally reward-driven or gain of public acceptance.The work that I'm most proud of is the GROUP that the freeflow team has become. It was just me when NE was released, then Bob Brown and Joe Watson came on and Florida exploded from a simple shoreline scenery of the keys, to the huge project it turned out to be... Subsequently, I just loved watching the Bermuda project come together. The accumulation of the independent contributions from so many people, assembled into into a really nice package - while I'm proud of the scenery, I'm more proud of the community that it created, and vice versa. I don't really need to watch the download count anymore - I measure the success of this venture by knowing how eager people are to contribute. My reward has been the friendships that have come as a result of our shared efforts in creating these sceneries.That said, I really was proud of the annotated kneeboard maps and weather scenarios I put into the fly the AT! package, and I don't think I ever got a single email, positive or negative, regarding that one...:-smoochBest,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)