Sign in to follow this  
Martin Loebl

Autoland turns off

Hi all!

I've a strange issue with my 777...

Yesterday my flight from HESH to OMDB ended not as wanted, i had to do a lot more then i expected :)

Set the Autopilot for a ILS Autoland on Runway 30R - all went correct - at 1500 feet ND Shows Land 3...

but.... a few seconds before tochdown it changed to no autoland.

Why it worked and then not :(

Maybe it is an fmc Input error but it is strange to me because first it run correct and then it changed...

Anyone here with the same issue and/or a solution therefore?

Thank you and ... this is an AMAZING Airplane and it is a pleasure to fly with it! GREAT WORK!

Best regards,

nearby LOXT

As mentioned in your last topic you posted, full names are required in the PMDG forum.

Full names in the forum please.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Was it a EICAS message? Make sure that your NAV/RAD page is set the the correct values for the approach you want to conduct. Sometimes FS frequencies are different from real world counterpart frequencies. Also check to see if your approach page has everything set correctly. 

If an autoland annunciation changes or system fault occurs above AH that requires higher weather minimums (reversion to LAND 2 or NO AUTOLAND), do not continue the approach below these higher minimums unless suitable visual reference with the runway environment is established. Autopilots having fail operational capability are designed to safely continue an approach below AH after a single failure of an autopilot element. The autopilots protect against any probable system failure and safely land the airplane. AFDS design provides for an AH of at least 200 feet HAT but may be modified to a lower value by operators. The pilot should not interfere below AH unless it is clearly evident pilot action is required.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

done

Where? Oh, I see it now. It need to appear at the bottom of your posts. Set it up so that is done automatically. Try this - click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save  and your name will be on all of your posts.

Was it a EICAS message?

I have never seen it on the EICAS. It usually appears on the PFD as a replacement of AUTOLAND. The rest of the post looks like it might pertain to the NGX.

First and last names are required in all PMDG Forums - http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/.

Thank you for your reply stratox!

I'll check the Settings on my next flight - Looks like the Pilot was the Problem :)

I use Pro ATC X and loaded the flightplan. Is there any need to "activate the Approach" like it is in Airbus X Extended?

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Is there any need to "activate the Approach" like it is in Airbus X Extended?

No. Apart from setting or checking the ILS frequency and bearing, setting your DH and pushing the APP button, you have nothing else to do. The approach is armed when you press the APP button and LOC and GS are displayed in white on the FMA below your actual pitch and roll modes.

What is displayed on the FMA when the no autoland message appears? Do you still have SPD, LOC and GS displayed in green?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain, yes all three are still in green - but i think i solved it with this support.

I was able to reproduce the "error" it was a false setting of the approach speed - the fact is ... i was to slow and again autoland cancelled himself. But my last flight was a success and autoland worked perfect - what a great airplane and what a great Airport (OMDB) still watching the replay video again and again :)

Thread can be closed and - again thanks for your help!

Good for you! Have a nice flight.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

When I fly the 777 it happens sometimes that "No autoland" appears when I am in heavy weather.

I see no other issue as you were already on the ILS and the ND showed LAND 3.

Hello,

With Airbus I can always land with Autoland to WADD airport, but with 777 10 miles before landing i see there is no autoland, can anyone tell me what have I done wrong here.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

With Airbus I can always land with Autoland to WADD airport, but with 777 10 miles before landing i see there is no autoland, can anyone tell me what have I done wrong here.

What kind of approach? Is the ILS information coming up when you're approaching the airport?

Full names - first and last - need to be in your posts, please.

Kyle Rodgers

but with 777 10 miles before landing i see there is no autoland

Assuming this is an ILS approach and you are on the glideslope at 10 nm, you should be about 3180 ft above touchdown. There's no autoland annunciation this far out.

If you are new to the 777 then you really should fly the tutorial.  This is a very complex simulation..., not anything like an airbus.

Dan Downs KCRP

Assuming this is an ILS approach and you are on the glideslope at 10 nm, you should be about 3180 ft above touchdown. There's no autoland annunciation this far out.

If you are new to the 777 then you really should fly the tutorial.  This is a very complex simulation..., not anything like an airbus.

yes, it is ILS approach and I am not new to the 777 , I am on the glideslope at 10 nm and about 2000 ft above touch down, by the way it was also happend at KSFO airport, I must do something wrong here, so far I land with handfly as autoland is not possible.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg