Sign in to follow this  
Martin Loebl

Autoland turns off

yes, it is ILS approach and I am not new to the 777 , I am on the glideslope at 10 nm and about 2000 ft above touch down, by the way it was also happend at KSFO airport, I must do something wrong here, so far I land with handfly as autoland is not possible.

If you believe that you are doing something incorrectly, I would read page 92-99 of Tutorial 1 - Approach and Landing. Just substitute Dubai and OMDB with Denpasar Bali and WADD. You are not going to see Autoland on the PFD until 1300-1400 AGL.

yes, it is ILS approach and I am not new to the 777 , I am on the glideslope at 10 nm and about 2000 ft above touch down, by the way it was also happend at KSFO airport, I must do something wrong here, so far I land with handfly as autoland is not possible.

You cannot be on the glidelope at 10 nm and at 2000 AGL.... a 3 deg glideslope is 318 ft/nm. Simple trig.  Michael points out the obvious.

Dan Downs KCRP

no that is my mistake , I mean I capture the localizer, but I wll try again will let you know how it goes, 

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello Captain,

Finally, I know what I have done wrong, I am just to fast, so that's all, now I can landing with ILS as it should be, thanks for the respons, 

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg