Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

What X-Plane 10.50 can do...

These are some raw shots saved by X-Plane 10.50b6 in 900p.

Focus is on improved HDR lighting, new autogen, standard airports, new optional static aircraft and the quality of the standard scenery (no add-ons except for HD Mesh V3). Please note that all shots were taken during locked 30FPS output.

Clouds and atmosphere rendering by SkyMaxx 3.2.1 (incl. RWC) and Maxx FX 1.0 (custom settings). No RTH.

Real world traffic by World Traffic 2.1 and FlightTable.

Cheers!

787_VIP_3.png?raw=1

San Diego, CA.

787_VIP_9.png?raw=1

Scattered cumulus around Atlanta.

787_VIP_11.png?raw=1

More fluff here.

c400_2.png?raw=1

Misty twilight over Brooklyn, NY.

Cessna_172SP_1.png?raw=1

Leaving Frankfurt, DE.

FA-22A_1.png?raw=1

Arriving in Munich.

FA-22A_4.png?raw=1

KEWR at dusk.

Cessna_172SP_2.png?raw=1

Climbing outta LAX

VSL%20TRIKE%20S-3_3.png?raw=1

Gotta get out of this bloody hell....

VSL%20TRIKE%20S-3_11.png?raw=1

Going west on I-275 thru Tampa, FL.

VSL%20TRIKE%20S-3_10.png?raw=1

Downtwon Tampa, FL.

• Upvote 6

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Looking great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Amazing... :wub:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Surreal :good:   

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks for sharing.

It's only a matter of time before I upgrade.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

What I love about X-Plane is the night lighting, now only if we can get the planes of PMDG and Aerosoft, and the cloud and weather of Active Sky and REX. X-Plane would be close to being the perfect sim.

I hate going back n forth between P3D and X-Plane. I really love X-Plane, except there's simply no PMDG level tubeliners. The only one that comes close graphically is JARDesign A330. FF 777 interior looks ugly to me. I just don't like the feel of being inside that cockpit. PMDG 777's cockpit feels much cozier, and the graphical details are amazing.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

What I love about X-Plane is the night lighting, now only if we can get the planes of PMDG and Aerosoft, and the cloud and weather of Active Sky and REX. X-Plane would be close to being the perfect sim.

I don't think there is a need for REX, X-Plane draws clouds in 3D and that is technically superior. SkyMaxx is getting really good quick and is constantly under development. Fly through 3D clouds once and you become a believer. I don't think anyone would want to go back to the old texture cloud days.

-

It may be technically good, but compared to visual appearance, I give it to REX. Not sure but, the clouds in X-Plane, even with SMP 3.2.1, look off to me. I have both, so my opinion goes towards REX for having visually better looking clouds.

BTW, I am running the same add-ons as you, SMP, MaxxFX, except for RWC, I haven't bought that yet, since I'm not sure I want to spend money on another "weather/cloud" add-on. I've been spending a lot of money on that lately. But I'm currently using FS Global Real Weather for XP as my weather injector. I'm still not exactly sure what RWC is for? Does that replace XP's built in weather injector or is it something entirely different?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't think there is a need for REX, X-Plane draws clouds in 3D and that is technically superior. SkyMaxx is getting really good quick and is constantly under development. Fly through 3D clouds once and you become a believer. I don't think anyone would want to go back to the old texture cloud days.

Well, as soon as you fly through clouds, it's about physics not looks. REX clouds may look good from a distance, but they're just textures. I admit SkyMaxx isn't easy to config, I even edited some settings that cannot be accessed in the menu. But once you make it shine... wow.

RWC lets SkyMaxx read X-Plane's or FS Global real weather and draws clouds accordingly. Without RWC, SkyMaxx only works with static weather in X-Plane. Definitly get RWC if you want to use SkyMaxx with real weather.

-

So Skymaxx is basically cloud textures only? This is so confusing... So can I use SMP+FSGRW to get the full effects without getting RWC? 

So SMP will use the weather data from FSGRW to draw the clouds. I don't see where RWC plays its role in the sim. 

SMP = cloud textures

FSGRW = downloads real world weather data and injects that info into the sim for SMP to display

Basically what you're saying is without RWC, SMP won't be able to use the data from FSGRW to draw its clouds?

Basically what you're saying is without RWC, SMP won't be able to use the data from FSGRW to draw its clouds?

Correct.

That is why it's called "connector". It connects FSGRW (or X-Plane's own real weather) to SMP.

You may check the manual here: http://www.x-aviation.com/downloads/RealWeatherConnector.pdf

-

So Skymaxx is basically cloud textures only? This is so confusing... So can I use SMP+FSGRW to get the full effects without getting RWC? 

So SMP will use the weather data from FSGRW to draw the clouds. I don't see where RWC plays its role in the sim. 

SMP = cloud textures

FSGRW = downloads real world weather data and injects that info into the sim for SMP to display

I used to hate Xplane till I got Skymaxx as the clouds looked horrible and grey now they are Rex quality and nice and white. There are also many freeware cloud sets around that get rid of those ugly default textures. As for planes I can tell your for a fact that the Flightfactor 767 and Ixeg 737 are better looking than PMDG stuff the 737 even features 3d wool on the seats and it out performs the PMDG plane. It's no shame to PMDG as these planes are several years newer
  • Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.