Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Ask Dovetail Games about DTG Flight Simulator [Official]

Hi everyone.

My name is Martin and I am the Community Manager for all flight simulation projects here at Dovetail Games. It is great to see so many of you already talking about DTG Flight Simulator.

With so many threads popping up here in forum it is simply not possible for me to respond to everyone and keep track of everything.

To this end I have created this thread where you can talk to me and ask questions about the upcoming sim. At the moment we are working hard on developing DTG Flight Simulator, and we are not ready just yet to lift the lid on the full extent of our plans. However, we are really interested in hearing your questions and what things you would like to us to show you in the build up to launch. 

As soon as I can start talking about DTG Flight Simulator in detail and answering your questions then I will. I am looking forward to talking to you all again soon. 

If you are looking for the latest news about DTG Flight Simulator then you can find the news thread here

If you would like to just have a general chat about DTG Flight Simulator then you can find the discussion thread here

- Martin 

• Upvote 1

Hi Martin,

As always, your efforts are highly appreciated! Thanks for staying in touch with us.

I'd like to know, how DTG has evaluated the release of Flight School? Is DTG satisfied with that title and the reviews/feedback you've got? And how has the experience with Flight School and its possible shortcomings affected/changed the way you approach the full Flight Sim title? Or do you go ahead with development as originally planned?

Cheers,

Dom

Seems to me at least, the next flight Simulator be it from DTG or Lockheed Martin of even X-Plane should have realistic ATC and realistic AI aircraft, is that going to be possible with DTG Fight Simulator ???

NOTA BENE: I've taken the liberty to "Pin" all three topics so they will remain at the very top of the forum for quicker notice and access.

• Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Martin,

and thanks for the thread.

A couple of questions:

1) Are any updates to the flight dynamics being considered / already worked on, or will DTG Flight Simulator inherit the core MSFS FDM, just like Flight School did ?

2) Same as above regarding weather;

3) Same as above regarding ATC;

Thanks!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Will this new sim be a serious effort or, converesly, lite weight fair similar to the very poorly conceived Flight?

Will it be compatable with existing FSX addons?

Cheers.

...I am holding off on buying P3D until we know what this new sim is all bout...

spacer.png

I have a couple of questions.

Will there be cloud shadows?

Will there be sloped airfields (and have AI Traffic usable with them at the same time)?

Will the jetway system be retrified as in will there be more than one jetway in a single gate for larger aircraft?

Will autogen poping be fixed?

And finally, will ATC be improved (both voices (compared to Flight School) and IFR (compared to FSX)).

Júnior Silva

I know these questions are bound to be asked so I'll ask them now. How many planes will DFS be supplied with as part of the purchase at release? Will these planes be full featured as in all the buttons/switches working? Will these planes be a mixture of GA and airliners? How many other planes are likely to be available as addons at DFS release?

Give people power to really test their personality.

Thank you, Martin :)

What kind of planes are you aiming at? I know Steve vision is about a transition from GA to other planes, but i hope that DFS will be released already with a selection of different kind of aircrafts, and not some multi engine props

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Taking in consideration the poor performance delivered by Dtg FlightSchool - the only way to play it for me is to disconnect all my hard-ware to avoid crash it  - drop in performace after updates - in the end i have to uninstall it -  how do you expect simmers will trust Dtg do deliver a full blow sim ?

Taking in consideration the poor performance delivered by Dtg FlightSchool - the only way to play it for me is to disconnect all my hard-ware to avoid crash it  - drop in performace after updates - in the end i have to uninstall it -  how do you expect simmers will trust Dtg do deliver a full blow sim ?

Given your consistently negative views ever since DTG announced their products the only thing I expect from you is further negative postings.Most people don't seem to have suffered your issues with their hardware. Have you even raised a call with their helpdesk about your problems and supplied them with diagnostic info?

Give people power to really test their personality.

NOTA BENE: I've taken the liberty to "Pin" all three topics so they will remain at the very top of the forum for quicker notice and access.

Thank you kindly SIr. We tip our hat to you! This is one of things we really love about Avsim, you are all so helpful and considerate of each other. 

- Martin 

Will it be compatable with existing FSX addons?

That one I can answer for you Helo_Head as we spoke a lot about this in the build up to the launch of DTG Flight School.  

DTG Flight Simulator will not be backwards compatible with existing FSX(SE) add-ons. The reason for this is we strongly believe that in order to move the genre and the technology that powers it forward, you need to break away from the past. Focusing on backwards compatibility would place a lot of restrictions on the type of simulator we could develop. 

It would be a bit like if Blu-ray players had backwards compatibility for video tapes. Having that functionality would impact on a multitude of design elements for the player, and ultimately result in something much more chunky and cumbersome than it

could to be.  

FSX is not going anywhere. It is too well established, and developers will not doubt continue to support it for years to come. Likewise, we will have no plans to withdraw support for FSX: Steam Edition either. This all means that if you are currently playing FSX(SE) then there is lots to look forward too and you can continue to enjoy your current add-in collection for years to come. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 7

- Will be compatible with Nvidia Sli or Ati Crossfire? for more performance

- The trees will be replaced in 3D? Currently in 2D, simple pics? 

- They will correct the bugs as flickering, popping, ctd, objects that sink into the ground and more 

Lorenzo

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Hi Martin

Thanks for addressing all these questions.

I've been creating terrain mesh since FS2002 first as founder of FSGenesis, now as Toposim, and one big problem that has never been addressed through all the versions is the flat-airport limitation, which has created plateau headaches for high-resolution terrain developers and end-users alike.

Will DTGFS have airports that undulate with the underlying terrain, as in real-life, or will airports still be pool-table flat?

Thanks

Justin Tyme

Toposim.net

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Hi Martin, I'm a proud user of FSX:SE, here my suggestions for DTG FS:

- 64 bit

- Updatable AIRAC, via Navigraph or NavData Pro

- Realistic ATC instructing AI traffic via SID/STARs. Or at least SDK for a solid 3rd party ATC addons

- No one default aircraft, just only one for testing purpose. I never used them

- No weather engine, I'm very confortable with ASN

- Real damage effect (bird strike, collision, hard landing etc etc)

- 3D clouds, icing effect

- GPU correct loading vs CPU

- correct mesh database

- global scenery like in MSFS

- sloped runways

- global illumination (like XP10)

-real Terra Haze (like in XP10)

- included FSUIPC module

- included FSRecorder module

Regards,

Ric

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270