Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Ask Dovetail Games about DTG Flight Simulator [Official]

- No one default aircraft, just only one for testing purpose. I never used them

I think it's important to have a small number of aircraft in the usual categories like glider, single engine trainer, twin engine turboprop, and one heavy airliner (basic model, not PMDG level). It would be nice to have a fast mover too -- a military jet of some type -- to evaluate how it handles transsonic flight, and more importantly how well the scenery engine handles terrain loading at low altitude and high speeds. 

Since none of the previous a/c in FSX/P3D will work in the sim, how will we evaluate the flight model otherwise?  This is being marketed as a general-purpose flight sim, and I'll want to know how these basic types of aircraft fly before spending money on any additional payware. So I think it needs at least the basic types included as default planes. I'd like to see a helicopter too, but I think Martin has said they're not doing helos in the first iteration of the sim.

Since this is an "ask" thread, maybe Martin can comment here about plans for the initial planes to be included in the sim. 

- included FSUIPC module

I believe Martin has said that this won't be supported. They're making their own connection protocol, and it will have to be supported by 3rd party add-ons and hardware.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hi Martin.

One of the features missing from FSX was the ability to conditionally display objects and their textures. Conditions such as time of day, season, date, wind direction or speed, snow or rain, as well as dry conditions... Are these going to be available in Flight Simulator?

Dick

Another developer question.

3DS Max is too costly for small freeware developers. A great alternative is Blender, to make objects and aircraft fro FSX. Would Dovetail consider releasing enough info for a Blender exporter for 3d creation, or perhaps develop one of it's own for Blender?

Dick

• Upvote 2

Another developer question.

3DS Max is too costly for small freeware developers. A great alternative is Blender, to make objects and aircraft fro FSX. Would Dovetail consider releasing enough info for a Blender exporter for 3d creation, or perhaps develop one of it's own for Blender?

Dick

Come talk to us Dick. We have the perfect discussion thread for you! 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/491841-what-do-you-want-from-an-sdk-in-dtg-flight-simulator-official-discussion/?p=3453093

- Martin 

Hi Martin,

Looking forward to DTG Flight Sim!

Did you already set some kind of "priorities" for DTG release late this year? (i.e. graphics engine, ATC, pilot career, UI, etc) or.. you will try to improve a little on every area ? or didn't define that yet :)

I guess you can't fill the gap of ten years in one or two.

Please keep the questions coming, they are really useful everyone. We will be lifting the lid on DTG Flight Simulator very soon. 

- Martin 

Seems to me at least, the next flight Simulator be it from DTG or Lockheed Martin of even X-Plane should have realistic ATC and realistic AI aircraft, is that going to be possible with DTG Fight Simulator ???

I'm not DTG but I am pretty sure that the ATC won't be realistic. Especially since standalone ATC addon itself like Pro ATC will cost around 50 euros.

It's not realistic to expect such features from a default in-sim ATC. Personally I would be pleased with something more intermediate, something that is better then what

we have as default in FSX but that is still not as advanced/extensive as ProAtc and similar atc-addons..

Hi Martin,

Will the new simulator be able to apply different settings without ever opening up the configuration files (eg. FSX.cfg)? Currently, I think FSX requires you to set things such as vertical sync in the FSX.cfg file. There's no option for it in-game.

Hi Martin,

Will the new simulator be able to apply different settings without ever opening up the configuration files (eg. FSX.cfg)? Currently, I think FSX requires you to set things such as vertical sync in the FSX.cfg file. There's no option for it in-game.

Now that it was mentioned, there is also Anti-Aliasing options. There is no option for setting how much MSAA you want. There is only On or Off. +1 for V-Sync as well.

Júnior Silva

Is it going to be what FS11 (or maybe better, since its been 10yrs) incrementally would have been after FSX where MS left?

No one answer to our questions?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

oops ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

No one answer to our questions?

Not yet, because we have not officially started talking about Flight Simulator. We will be lifting the lid soon and there will be lots of opportunities to ask questions before release. 

- Martin 

Thanks Martin.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270