Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Ask Dovetail Games about DTG Flight Simulator [Official]

DTG is listed as an exhibitor at the 2016 Flight Sim Expo just over two weeks from now.* If they're still planning on a release before the end of the year, I'd be very surprised if they don't show something there. It's odd that they haven't mentioned anything about that expo here or on Steam (AFAIK). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're just very busy, and haven't had time to do much promotion yet.

* Laminar is rumored to be announcing X-Plane 11 at that same expo. I know DTG have said they're not competing directly against established sims, but even so... marketing doesn't work that way with a niche audience like ours (IMO). If DTG is making good progress on their sim, I think they need to show something soon to keep the buzz going.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

As Geoffrey pointed out above, DTG's Martin has been very active the last few days on the Steam Flight School page in a thread devoted to the full sim's release date, responding at some length to a wide range of speculation that users have been posting there. If you're curious, that's the place to go, as DTG hasn't been in these forums for some time now.

Tim

• Upvote 1

If DTG aren't going to visit this forum to answer the questions they asked us to post then this thread seems to have no point and may as well be locked.

Andy L

• Upvote 3

Hi Martin,

Thanks for creating this discourse. I hope that you get something useful out of it. As a private pilot and VFR flight sim enthusiast for many years my wish list is as follows:

* Just plug into my existing environment of Orbx Scenery, Active Sky Next, and something like FSInn.

* Not to add thousands of technology challenges to the joy of flight as FSX currently does.

* Integrated moving map display, flight planning and GPS

* Runs without Windows.

* Runs well on an iMac

* Support for multi channel sound

* Ready for VR

I could go on, but I suspect that you get my drift.

VH-DUX

Please keep the questions coming, they are really useful everyone. We will be lifting the lid on DTG Flight Simulator very soon. 

- Martin 

It's been 3 months and no lid has yet been lifted. Are you guys still on track for a release this year, or have there been delays?

I disagree with n4gx on his post. If the sim is aimed at basic user experience, then it is of no use to serious simmers. But a Sim that can give a full immersive experience and handle all the kit is still going to be able to deliver in a more cost efective hardware environment. If you aim low, you'll fail. I still maintain this. Aim high and you have a chance. Use the talent to fill the gaps to get a fully integrated package out there.

Just another flight sim will not do.

• Upvote 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

If DTG aren't going to visit this forum to answer the questions they asked us to post then this thread seems to have no point and may as well be locked.

Andy L

Having people ask questions, even if we are unable to answer them at present, is important Andy. Reading what information people want to know helps us to shape what we focus on when we do start talking about it. It lets us know what people want to hear about. 

- Martin 

It's been 3 months and no lid has yet been lifted. Are you guys still on track for a release this year, or have there been delays?

There was a delay in when we decided to start talking publically about the sim. There was not a delay in development. 

- Martin 

Are you still evaluating what the people want from the Sim?

I would assume that from the begining of the project it was in general clear what we all want. And you should know by now if you want to release it in the near future.

When i read all the forums and social media in the last 2 years it was pretty clear to me what all the people want.

Everything what FSX had + all improvements made by community members or 3rd party developers. But all of that working with a new Engine on modern computers.

I would exclude content like aircraft and special scenery, but in general thats  it or not?

To be honest it feels like you "missed" the target (what the customers expect and what DTG wanted to achieve) at DTG, found out and now try to recover.

Having people ask questions, even if we are unable to answer them at present, is important Andy. Reading what information people want to know helps us to shape what we focus on when we do start talking about it. It lets us know what people want to hear about. 

- Martin 

There was a delay in when we decided to start talking publically about the sim. There was not a delay in development. 

- Martin 

I must say, it's highly unusual for a developer to stay so tight-lipped about a game which is releasing in only 2 months. Microsoft was giving us in-game screenshots of MS Flight from one year before release, IIRC.

I know it's not your decision, Martin, but it would be great if you could tell us why exactly there is so much secrecy.

• Upvote 2

I know it's not your decision, Martin, but it would be great if you could tell us why exactly there is so much secrecy.

Perhaps this makes sense:

Quote:

We can't tell you the name of the new sim at the moment. Not because we don't want to, but rather because we are currently going through all of the legal requirements like securing URL's and such like. Until that process is complete and the legal team are happy, we have to keep our lips sealed. There is no big secret, just some very boring business procedures going on behind the scene. 

There are other developers working on the new sim. That I can confirm. At the moment we are not in a position to talk about who and what they are doing though. Mainly due to very boring legal and business reasons more than anything. We do plan to talk about this in detail in the near future.

- Martin  

Hi Martin, from Ron Kolesar, AKA The Blind Pilot.

I know that the new flight sim will finally be a 64 bit processor based.

But any other secrets you can tell us for the December project?

Also, do we have to have a steam account to enjoy the new flight sim?

I ask this because STEAM is not accessible to we who have to use a screen reader to access our pc's and have to see through our ears since our eyes do not work.

We fly thanks to three programs.

1. FSX.

2. FSUIPC

3. most important is the voice input program Its Your Plane or IYP for short.

Please check out their you tube videos at thei web address at:

www.itsyourplane.com

Now if we only can get a FSX version of the Dassault Falcon 8X which is the successor to the DF7X that we've been flying.

Many thanks and as the owner and the designer of the IYP program keeps telling us to do.

"Keep The Blue Side Up."

I have NO expectations for what i am about to ask, but still... worth a try: would it look ANYTHING like the Outerra engine etc. Just anything close?

Pictures:

Outerra_prev_24_jan_2013.jpg

OuterraM-E3.jpg

outerra001.jpg

outerra2.jpg

• Upvote 3

DTG Flight Sim use the same core game engine as FSX. So we can expect similar as Dovetail Flight School.

• Upvote 1

I have NO expectations for what i am about to ask, but still... worth a try: would it look ANYTHING like the Outerra engine etc. Just anything close?

You have a good chance of finding that atmospheric representation in XP11 than DTGFS.  (I'm not an XP user.  - yet) 

However, I hope DTGFS matures well and is ultimately what we all wanted it to be.,