Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

DTG Flight Simulator News Thread [Officia]

Hi everyone,

This is the official news thread for DTG Flight Simulator. My name is Martin and I am the Community Manager for all flight simulation projects here at Dovetail Games.I will do my best to keep this thread up to date with all the latest information. If I miss something feel free to add it yourself so that everyone knows.

If you would like to just have a general chat about DTG Flight Simulator then you can find the discussion thread here

If you would like to ask me a question about DTG Flight Simulator then you can find the Q&A thread here

- Martin

• Upvote 1

15th July 2016

• What do you want from an SDK in DTG Flight Simulator (Official Discussion) thread launched.
    • We want to know all about your views on and use of the SDK in FSX. The more you can tell us, the more we can understand how to make the content creation process more enjoyable for you in DTG Flight Simulator. 
    • You can find the discussion thread here on Avsim

Want to working in the video games industry? Want to help us design a new flight simulator? Here is your chance. We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and talented Mission Designer to work within our passionate team developing Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. 

Have you got the skills we are looking for? Get in touch today via the link below. 

http://www.dovetailgames.com/vacancies/2016/jun/30/mission-designer

Earlier this year, we announced the development of our new flight simulator, which generated an incredible amount of excitement in the community. We would like to thank you all for the tremendous amount of interest and support we have received so far. 

Based on your feedback, we have been focusing on three key areas: visuals, performance and experience, all of which are instrumental to the hobby. In order to further enhance these areas, we have made the decision to postpone the release of this project. 

In the meantime, we expect to have a detailed development update for you in the New Year. As a team, we are incredibly excited to share what we have been up to! Until then, we hope you have a fantastic holiday season and look forward to making 2017 a great year for flight simulation. 

Dovetail Games Flight Sim Team

• Upvote 2

Based on your feedback, we have been focusing on three key areas: visuals, performance and experience, all of which are instrumental to the hobby.

In order to further enhance these areas, we have made the decision to postpone the release of this project. 

Dovetail Games Flight Sim Team

Thank you for the update Martin. Personally I think it is a sensible decision to postpone it to

make it good/better rather then just rushing a release in time for Christmas.

Expectations are rising!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Please make it worth the wait. We already have FSX, FSX-SE, P3D and Dovetail Flight School which look and feel very similarly. It would be great to get a modern platform that is noticeably different from the above mentioned apps.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Please make it worth the wait. We already have FSX, FSX-SE, P3D and Dovetail Flight School which look and feel very similarly. It would be great to get a modern platform that is noticeably different from the above mentioned apps.

and you made a good point: get xplane 11 if you want different

So can you consider using the far superior MS Flight engine, instead of that buggy, slow and ugly looking FSX engine?

How about it, DTG Martin?

-eelis-

• Upvote 2

So can you consider using the far superior MS Flight engine, instead of that buggy, slow and ugly looking FSX engine?

How about it, DTG Martin?

-eelis-

That doesn't make any sense. Dovetail have moved on with there engine from the updates with Flight School. Just like Microsoft did when they iterated on FSX to create Flight. Of course they are not going to throw this away and start again. They have a business to run as well. Visual fidelity has been a key factor and Martin has already stated on Steam forums that they have progressed from what they had in Flight School so lets see what comes out.

Hi everyone,

This is the official news thread for DTG Flight Simulator. My name is Martin and I am the Community Manager for all flight simulation projects here at Dovetail Games.I will do my best to keep this thread up to date with all the latest information. If I miss something feel free to add it yourself so that everyone knows.

If you would like to just have a general chat about DTG Flight Simulator then you can find the discussion thread here

If you would like to ask me a question about DTG Flight Simulator then you can find the Q&A thread here

- Martin

Thanks Martin.

Around the time Flight School was released I did feel it could be a struggle to get a Flight Simulator experience up and running even with half a dozen planes and updated global scenery. My feeling would be that you should probably aim for holidays 2017 with maybe a public beta for 4-6 months next summer.

My visual improvements for the new sim, I don't have many - just implement nice clouds which Xplane 11 doesn't have! Improve the dodgy runway textures which was part of Flight School and finally some nice atmostpheric horizons around dusk and dawn, thanks!

Cheers,

Dave.

hat doesn't make any sense. Dovetail have moved on with there engine from the updates with Flight School. Just like Microsoft did when they iterated on FSX to create Flight. Of course they are not going to throw this away and start again. They have a business to run as well.

That's exactly what I mean, if they continue the Flight School (aka FSX) route, there is eventually no business to run. :sad:

-eelis-

That's exactly what I mean, if they continue the Flight School (aka FSX) route, there is eventually no business to run. :sad:

-eelis-

"We are not really using one particular graphics engine. The base engine is same as FSX, but we have heavily modified it, and we are using other plugins and software too. It is really a mixture of systems." Quote from Martin at the end of October when the sim was still slated for release this year.

Perhaps the upcoming release of X-P 11 has made them realise that the FSX engine in any form has had its day and it's now about Dovetail's credibility as serious flight sim developers. Microsoft well and truly sold them a pup.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

what do you think DTG can improve in FSX engine than Lockheed Martin has already improved ? already available and with tons of addons out there; compatible with existing hardware; the list can go on and on.

what do you think DTG can improve in FSX engine than Lockheed Martin has already improved ? already available and with tons of addons out there; compatible with existing hardware; the list can go on and on.

The add on's, how good they may be, don't make bad simulator any better, if the base is rotten you cannot properly build there, it's cruzial to make a good base first.

-eelis-

• Upvote 2