Sign in to follow this  
Rene Scharlach

LWA Map Problem with Current Navdata

Does the LWA map use the current navdata? E.g., in EDDF it shows the old runways and ILS frequencies as in the default FSX. 07C-25C and 18 are missing.

I am a subscriber of Navigraph, and using the data manager I created a folder NAVIGRAPH/NAVDATA in the FSX (Steam Edition) directory for cycle 1607. I then browsed in the Flight Plan Options to this folder (Under FSX-SE Navdata Folder), and pressed "Reload". OpusFSI did create NAVDATA.DAT and WAYPOINTS.DAT anew. But the data in the LWA map (when clicking on an airport) are not the current ones.

Thanks for your support

Rene

The LWA Map show Aerodromes and not NAVDATA. All Aerodromes are read from the relevant Stations data file for the sim type, or the User Stations data file if generated using the MakeRwys.exe utility (see Rebuild Station data in the user documentation).

So if you have new Aerodromes added to your sim use the MakeRwys utility and Rebuild Station Data Config option to update your OpusFSI station data.

Stephen

Thanks for that hint. I feel ashamed because I did not find that in the documentation. Now I did what's written there. However, EDDF still shows the default runways and ILS.

Peter's program did produce Runways.txt and I checked it for the new EDDF scenery. It is there (with correct runways) and correctly removes the default scenery. I then ran your "Rebuild Station Data" as requested and it finished its job. But no luck with EDDF.

Rene

When you Rebuild Station Data it should create a User_Stations data file for your sim type (with appended FSX or P3D code).

Make sure you have the latest release, or better still the beta version of OpusFSI as a problem with the rebuild has been fixed.

Check your User Stations file has been created/updated in your C:\OpusFSI folder. This file is read in the next time you run the FSISERVER program in the correct sim mode. The LWA Map data will be updated the next time you generate OpusFSI weather.

Stephen

Surprisingly, it works now. I have no idea why exactly.

For your information: I did restart OpusFSI after the last rebuild, so that is not the reason. The rebuild did always hang a few seconds, but then finished. Now, I explicitly started OpusFSI as administrator, and there was no hang and it worked. However, OpusFSI starts every time as Administrator, and probably ever did. So, I have no idea why it works now all of a sudden. The Data file is named Opus_FSI_User_Stations.DAT so I did not find it at first try. But it is there, and maybe was before. No idea.

Yours,

R.S.

The Rebuild does need to access the Runways text file in your sim folder which can be subject to restricted access. So it would rely on proper sharing and permissions plus no blocked access by an AV program etc.. Again I assume you are running the latest release or beta. Check our Announcements for details of when the rebuild station data decoding was corrected.

Stephen

I was not running the current version. My version was 4.50.4. I now updated to 4.66.2. I wish I hadn't. 

Now EDDF is no longer showing any runway or frequency at all. I did the rebuild for this version too. But it seems you removed the displayed data in the LWA maps to the METAR.

???

Rene

Nothing has been hidden and thousand of people using the new version. You do not need to do another rebuild. Just check your Config settings and LWA map settings. You will need to re generate the weather to build new compatible data files for the map. If using a client then both need to be upgraded and you will have to re check sharing and permissions.

Stephen

Make sure you generate the weather to build new data files and ensure LWA map can access them. All will be fine then.dont forget to check all your dialog settings though as the new version may need configuring.

Stephen

Sorry...

You will have to rebuild the station data with the new version as this software was upgraded and tested by users explicitly to handle addon airfield data and improve the station data decoding.

No need to MakeRwys again, just redo the Rebuild option with the new version. See Announcements.

Stephen