Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

Ground Charts

Is there anywhere where you can get basic ground charts for the default FS airfields? Showing taxiway assignments and gates, so you don't have to rely on the progressive taxy feature?Thanks-Phil

Search AVSIM for "FSMMM" I uploaded about 250 airport charts that are calibrated for FSM Moving Map. With that you can actually see your aircraft move around on the chart as you're taxiing :)Matt

Current US charts are here for IAPs and Airport Diagrams:http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tppIf you have the freeware AFCAD2 installed, you can search for any FS airport and if you have any non-default afcads installed with parking assignments you can print out that diagram as well as the defaults.

Guest Gordius

If all you want is a ground chart showing taxiways etc try Airport's Chart Viewer from the AVSIM Library. You can view within FS9 or print the whole chart. FS9 View follows the airplane if you set that in preferences. Printed view shows taxiways and gates are labelled and also fuel areas, rwys, etc.As I say basic but if you want to find your way around an airport its pretty easy to do so and handy for any airports for which you do not have or cannot find a chart.I recommended viewing full screen rather than printing it off unless all that you want is the taxiway designators!Airport's Chart ViewerAndrew BrownRoaring Thirtieshttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Thanks for that Andrew. Looks like the Chart Viewer is exactly what I'm after.Thanks for the other replies as well.-Phil

Thanks. I used to use that in FS2k2, didn't realize it had been updated for FS9.scott s..