Sign in to follow this  
BrendanMan33

TO/GA and Flight Director issue

My toga only advances about 10% N1 from my starting 40% when I activate it and then once airborne and my LNAV/VNAV come alive but the flight director isn't giving me anything other than an upside down T. Any thoughts? I looked around a bit and saw that a common error is not having both Flight Directors on but I can confirm that my 2 are activated.

Welcome to the forum. Please note rule that we sign our posts with full names.

Another common error is not putting the generators on line.  Flying the tutorial is going to help you.

Dan Downs KCRP

"You cannot change your signature until 20 July 2016 - 03:12 PM" That's what came up for a signature. Generators are on and I have flown the 737 NUMEROUS times and this is a new error to me.

Yeah, that is an odd rule that AVSIM has but it only applies to automatic signatures.  You can still type your name.

The new error is caused by something that you are doing differently, or not doing, from those NUMEROUS times.  Rather than go through the preflight step by step why don't you load the tutorial and follow those steps and perhaps you'll note what you forgot or did differently. It shouldn't take more than 10 min.

Dan Downs KCRP

"You cannot change your signature until 20 July 2016 - 03:12 PM" That's what came up for a signature. Generators are on and I have flown the 737 NUMEROUS times and this is a new error to me.

You must have created your account recently so until you are allow to edit your signature, you have to write your full names at the bottom of each of your post.

If the error is new, first think to find is what has changed:

_ Have installed, uninstalled, updated anything in your computer between the moment it worked and the moment it stopped working?

_ Have you changed anything in your procedure / way to set up the aircraft for a flight?

Indeed the fact you have one or both flight directors on has nothing to do with your issue.

As for your flight director, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.

Can you please post a screenshot of the PFD when you have the issue along with a screenshot of the MCP and the Climb page of the CDU?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Yes I can get you a screenshot. I haven't done anything new other than install Ultimate Traffic 2. I know that a big part of PMDG runs off of my systems time. Which has been acting up on me lately. Would this have any tie ins? 

Brendan McReynolds

Would this have any tie ins? 

Yep. If it's an ASUS board, they've had an issue with that over the years. Some have solved it by replacing the CMOS battery or updating the BIOS.

In the meantime, check your A/T OVERRIDE setting in the PMDG SETUP > menus.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok I do have an ASUS and I've ran out of fuel because of it in the past. My Override is set to never.

Brendan McReynolds

Post some screenshots of your issue, in case we could spot something you would have missed.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Post some screenshots of your issue, in case we could spot something you would have missed.

Screenshots of FMC/MCP/or CDU?

I could put up a small youtube video?

Brendan McReynolds

A small video would be great. Otherwise, some screenshots of the PFD, MCP and climb page of the CDU.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg