Sign in to follow this  
gator319

Had to reinstall FSX help w/ PMDG aircraft

I recently had a drive crash.  Not one where I have FSX or Prepar3D; however, the drive crash necessitated a reinstall of the OS, WIN 7 Ultimate.  This obviously effected my register.  Finally got FSX reinstalled to its own drive.  In the FSX menu, I can see all my PMDG aircraft, I can select them, it asks for the dll permissions to which I say yes, but then asks for the license.  I input the license for the corresponding aircraft, but I receive an error.  What am I doing wrong?  Will I have to reinstall all my PMDG aircraft and liveries?  Thanks for any help.

Carter

I input the license for the corresponding aircraft, but I receive an error.

Full names in the PMDG forums please.  I always recommend that you deal directly with PMDG for license issue, this is a user forum.  PMDG Product Support is here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh, sorry.  Been a while since I've actually needed support.  Things were running smooth as silk....and then....crash.  I'll post this over there.  Apologize for my lapse in etiquette. 

Carter Mansfield

Will I have to reinstall all my PMDG aircraft and liveries?  Thanks for any help.

Hi Carter, as Dan says, ask the support guys, but I think your last sentence says it all. I have always found after a disk crash needing a OS re-install, I have needed to make sure FSX and all reference to PMDG aircraft removed, maybe even reg clean etc then rebuild your OS with FSX and PMDG aircraft.

REMEMBERING to get FSX working with stock a/c. Reboot. Load a PMDG a/c, try it, reboot, etc

Geoff Bryce

Thanks, Geoff.  Was hoping to avoid all of the re-loading; however, I should have deduced I would need to.  I did get FSX back up and stock aircraft working.  Re-loaded an A2A Cessna 182 w/ no apparent issues.  Next on to the PMDG aircraft and all my ORBX scenery....dread.  Thanks for the reply.

v/r

Carter Mansfield