Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Repetition of My Voice Commands

I am using the trial and am having a problem that the P2A is repeating what I say.  Sometimes with a small change, sometimes exactly the same reply.  I would be happy if the P2A pilot never spoke and only the various controllers commands were spoken and printed in the text box. If my words are recognized they would also be printed.  Can this be accomplished and what settings are needed?

Tom

It sounds like you mapped the "Say it" function to the same button you use as PPT.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

The Sayit hotkey and the Sayit Joystick button are both disabled.

Tom

Try using the PTT button on the P2A screen to see if this behavior persists.  Unless you use SayIt, the P2A pilot voice should never be heard.

In the speech text window, White denotes ATC speaking, Gold denotes suggested SayIt phrases and if you don't press the SayIt button they will not be spoken/heard, and Green denotes phrases as they are recognized.  The green sometimes is not an exact match to what you say, it represents what P2A Recognition engine interpreted you to say.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Win 10 64
Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

P2A Config - P2A Setup - Joystick PTT Button
Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Button 0

P2A Config - Speech Tab - Joystick Sayit Button
No joystick is entered. Button Number Disabled. The enabled box is unchecked.

The Joystick Sayit button number changes to the number of whatever button I press on my joystick.  I start at disabled. However, when I presss the PTT button it changes to 0. If I now lower my flaps, it changes to 19. Prees PTT and it goes back to 0.  

So, the first time I press PTT everything is fine.  If I press PTT again the P2A Pilot immediately responds.  The Sayit function appears to work even though the enabled box is unchecked.

Tom

The config window should be closed while using P2A. 

If you are on one of the tabs that allows setting up a button, it will change when you press a button.  This is a known issue that will be fixed in the near future.  I'll also need to be sure the enabled button is used, as it seems it is being ignored by some code.

So disable the SayIt button and key and then close the config window before using P2A.  That should fix this issue for now.

Thanks,

Dave