Sign in to follow this  
benjoglove

Incorrect Checklists opening

Hi I am flying the PMDG777-200 and the 777-300. When using voice commands to go through the checklists it automatically opens the wrong checklists each time. Any ideas how to fix this?

It still runs through the voice checklist correct it just displays the wrong checklist in the panel. Cheers.

Hi,

Do you perform a reset of the normal and abnormal checklists during your cockpit prep? Does the FO always open the same checklist or does he open different checklists but that don't correspond to the phase of the flight?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Bud Bud the FO seems to open up the preflight checklist all the time from memory. I have reset as trying to let the FO do it properly without my interference.

Can you please try and confirm the following:

_ Reset all the checklists (normal and abnormal) during your cockpit prep

_ Once you and the FO ready, call for the preflight checklist. Ensure that the FO opens the preflight checklist, complete it and close the window.

_ Once the FO has closed the checklist window and change the page on the lower EICAS, bring the checklist page again press the checklist button on the EICAS control panel: if the preflight checklist has been properly completed, then the before start checklist should be displayed. Can you confirm that?

_ Then close the checklist and change the page on the lower EICAS and call for the before start procedure then before start checklist. At that moment, the FO should open the window, go the normal checklist menu and select the before start checklist. Is it the case? If not, check that:

> there is no interference with your mouse cursor. I have noticed using both trackIR and Ezdok that sometimes the FO misses the proper line if I turn my head which moves the view and moves the cursor.

> check that all the steps before have been properly completed. I don't see why the FO would call the preflight checklist once again if it has been completed.

Reading your first post again, my guess is that something interferes with the way the FO selects the checklist as you say that he works out the correct checklist vocally. Check when he goes to the menu if you see some bumps in the way the cursor moves in the EICAS checklist page.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Can you please try and confirm the following:

_ Reset all the checklists (normal and abnormal) during your cockpit prep

_ Once you and the FO ready, call for the preflight checklist. Ensure that the FO opens the preflight checklist, complete it and close the window.

_ Once the FO has closed the checklist window and change the page on the lower EICAS, bring the checklist page again press the checklist button on the EICAS control panel: if the preflight checklist has been properly completed, then the before start checklist should be displayed. Can you confirm that?

_ Then close the checklist and change the page on the lower EICAS and call for the before start procedure then before start checklist. At that moment, the FO should open the window, go the normal checklist menu and select the before start checklist. Is it the case? If not, check that:

> there is no interference with your mouse cursor. I have noticed using both trackIR and Ezdok that sometimes the FO misses the proper line if I turn my head which moves the view and moves the cursor.

> check that all the steps before have been properly completed. I don't see why the FO would call the preflight checklist once again if it has been completed.

Reading your first post again, my guess is that something interferes with the way the FO selects the checklist as you say that he works out the correct checklist vocally. Check when he goes to the menu if you see some bumps in the way the cursor moves in the EICAS checklist page.

Thanks for the reply. It appears the checklists once completed are not being ticked by the FO so there not going green and thus not being completed and continue to go back to the pre flight checklist. I have trackir and Ezdok. Any fixes? The voice commands are being heard and FO is happy with them as he moves down the checklist and then the main panel changes to the next phase. Its just the checklists in the 777.

Try again, but don't touch the ECL.  Let the FO handle it.

We literally move the mouse cursor on the ECL to make the selections, so ensure you're not interfering with that.

Hi no interference.

It appears the checklists once completed are not being ticked by the FO so there not going green and thus not being completed and continue to go back to the pre flight checklist.

Hi,

The checklist is completed and displayed as completed as soon as all the items have been ticked or sensed ok by the system. If it is not the case, then you have an issue with the ECL and not the FO.

To be sure, I understand well:

_ Does the FO tick each line once you answer the challenge?

_ Is the checklist displayed "Checklist completed" once all the items are green?

_ Are you able to complete the checklist manually yourself without the FO?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi,

The checklist is completed and displayed as completed as soon as all the items have been ticked or sensed ok by the system. If it is not the case, then you have an issue with the ECL and not the FO.

To be sure, I understand well:

_ Does the FO tick each line once you answer the challenge?

_ Is the checklist displayed "Checklist completed" once all the items are green?

_ Are you able to complete the checklist manually yourself without the FO?

FO doesnt tick each line as they should

Not checked as completed

I can complete the checklist myself

I have tried it with three different liveries from PMDG and still the same issue

Does the ECL mini panel pop-up?

It should pop-up, and you should be able to see the cursor move around the display.

No it doesnt.

Check that you don't have "777 FORCE ECL PANEL CLOSED" set to YES in the config of the main panel.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Check that you don't have "777 FORCE ECL PANEL CLOSED" set to YES in the config of the main panel.

Hi that is already selected as "YES"

And that is your issue. When this option is set to Yes, the FO won't open the ECL mini-panel. He will only display the ECL on the lower EICAS but he is not able to operate it.

For the FO to manage properly the ECL, you need to set that option to NO.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Gald you can take the full benefits of fs2crew with the T7 now.

Enjoy!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg