Sign in to follow this  
him225

Rwy lights for imaginesim VIDP

Requesting anyone knowledgeable with creation of custom rwy lights aside from the SCASM method (like used by flytampa etc) for lights at this airport. The runway lights that come with it are badly done (completely improper layout) and cause massive fps hit in p3d v3. I have explored into doing this myself but the methods seem sim specific and bit complicated as I am no programmer. SCASM method was simplest which I was able to do but it caused double arrows on threshold displacement and the lights blinking due to presence of another bgl for ground static vehicles. If anyone interested I can provide the SCASM bgl file that has the light placement details, or let me know how to do it.

It seems that stock runway lights are working on custom runways in p3d v3. I don't know since which version this happened but turning them on using ade did what I needed. So incase anyone is having missing rwy lights at addon airports can simply turn on the default ones in afcad file as a quick fix.

Hi,

I don't know much about editing AFCADs or doing the kind of work required to make the lights appear at VIDP after removing the custom lighting due to performance issues but is there any way you could outline the steps (including the software required) to get the default lights to work with the runways?

I've also got to learn how to correct the ILS errors with the scenery (details sent via PM to you).

Can't edit my comment above but I managed to find some help to fix VIDP runway lighting for use in P3D v3.