Sign in to follow this  
Jd_jay

Throttle jumping forward on idle

Just putting this out there today just incase I'm making a silly mistake somewhere. I've recently crossed over to P3D and installed PMDG 737 and fs2crew reboot. I'm not sure what's causing it but I have the throttles in idle and run through the start procedure and everything's fine. I can sit on the ramp for ages at engine idle and everything is ok.

When I then go to taxi I accelerate and when I pick up speed I reduce back to idle. Then randomly the throttles keep jumping forward, I have to slam on the breaks and move my manual throttles forward and backwards. I need to do more testing but I'm sure it doesn't do it if I'm set just off of idle.

I don't have the problem in FSX with everything set up the same and I have a null zone of 5 on my throttles axis to try and stop it.

Jason Dilley

and installed PMDG 737

The FSX version or the P3D version?

Kyle Rodgers

Throttle issues come down to this possibilites:

1. FSX and FSXUIPC both have the same axis enabled. You must choose one, but not both.

2. throttle must first be calibrated in windows. Many users forget this.

3. worn pots.

tony

The FSX version or the P3D version?

Kyle

Purchased and installed the P3D version, referenced FSX as I don't have the problem in FSX so find it hard to believe that it would be any sort of hardware or calibration problem.

Jason Dilley

Kyle

Purchased and installed the P3D version, referenced FSX as I don't have the problem in FSX so find it hard to believe that it would be any sort of hardware or calibration problem.

Just making sure. Trying to use the FSX version in P3D will obviously cause issues.

Check for hardware interaction issues:

Unplug the hardware and use F3 to increase thrust. Get rolling and then reduce with F2 or F1 (idle) to reduce thrust. Check throttle position. If it's actually idle, then it's a hardware issue. The drivers for FSX and P3D are the same for my hardware, so I don't think that would be an issue, but calibration could be slightly different between the platforms. Check your FSUIPC settings in P3D, too, if you have it registered.

Kyle Rodgers

Just making sure. Trying to use the FSX version in P3D will obviously cause issues.

Check for hardware interaction issues:

Unplug the hardware and use F3 to increase thrust. Get rolling and then reduce with F2 or F1 (idle) to reduce thrust. Check throttle position. If it's actually idle, then it's a hardware issue. The drivers for FSX and P3D are the same for my hardware, so I don't think that would be an issue, but calibration could be slightly different between the platforms. Check your FSUIPC settings in P3D, too, if you have it registered.

Kyle

thanks to your pointers i managed to narrow down the problem and find the cause.  It was neither a hardware or PMDG problem.  Im very new to transitioning to P3D so still fine tuning settings, and what i didn't notice was that P3D had automatically assigned two different controller axis to my throttles.  Once i cleared the one that wasn't assigned to my hotas throttle it stopped.  I didn't think to check this sooner as the throttle was PMDG 737 exclusive, didn't happen with other well known payware or freeware.  Thanks again.

Jason Dilley

Kyle

thanks to your pointers i managed to narrow down the problem and find the cause.  It was neither a hardware or PMDG problem.  Im very new to transitioning to P3D so still fine tuning settings, and what i didn't notice was that P3D had automatically assigned two different controller axis to my throttles.  Once i cleared the one that wasn't assigned to my hotas throttle it stopped.  I didn't think to check this sooner as the throttle was PMDG 737 exclusive, didn't happen with other well known payware or freeware.  Thanks again.

Thanks for checking back in with the solution. Glad you were able to figure it out!

Kyle Rodgers