Hi all, first of all i would like to excuse me about my english level (french guy) 
I'm actually doing a repaint of the 737-800 with photoshop but i had a trouble.
that's why I'm asking for help here.

i made this pattern 

14d22cfa61ae8def93883626ee7da9bc.png

and i wanted to put in some aircraft surfaces

but i had a graphic bug which looks like

.cf0381fafe30973869b23cbb43b106f8.png

9547442cc0f92f6fce1fd94a5381dbd8.png

If someone know how to set it up.

So after less that 6 hours you are complaining that no-one answered ? You might not believe it , but most painters here do have a life outside flight simming and probably work during the day .

You do not explain exactly what you are trying to do either , so how can you expect any useful feedback ?

The same applies when forum members make repaint requests , if someone helps , that is great but if no-one replies , they move on or ask elsewhere .

John Glanville

Hi Julien,

When you say you've got a graphic bug could you explain what you mean with a little more detail? Je parle et je lis français alors s'il vous plaît taper en français si vous avez besoin.

Thanks,

Mike

jdwgraf, on 13 Jul 2016 - 1:24 PM, said:

So after less that 6 hours you are complaining that no-one answered ? You might not believe it , but most painters here do have a life outside flight simming and probably work during the day .

You do not explain exactly what you are trying to do either , so how can you expect any useful feedback ?

The same applies when forum members make repaint requests , if someone helps , that is great but if no-one replies , they move on or ask elsewhere .

John Glanville

Jezz John, the time and effort you put into your reply you could have easily just asked for more info and skipped the whole lecture.
  • Upvote 1

Merci beaucoup Mike, ça sera plus facile pour moi en français.

Dans le premier Screenshot c'est un motif que j'ai fait et que je veux appliquer sur certaines parties de l'avion comme the "tail","winglets".

En appliquant le motif sur ces différentes parties le motif ne s'exécute pas comme il faut comme on peut le voir à certains endroits. J'aimerai que tout s'aligne parfaitement 

50bcc6727d6659d7fd73603df3275b7b.png

Mais je ne sais pas comment régler ce problème. 

Merci :)

Pas de problème Julien!

Je vois maintenant. La meilleure façon dont je pense serait de créer une texture avec votre motif assez grand pour couvrir la zone que vous voulez peindre puis coupez les zones qui ne couvrent pas la zone en utilisant l'outil Lasso de Photoshop.

Vous pouvez également sélectionner la couche (ctrl- clic) de la partie que vous êtes la peinture et collez votre texture dans ce si cette façon vous pouvez déplacer la texture autour du meilleur placement .

@ Mike ,

There was no " lecture " , merely pointing out that placing a " sad face " icon after waiting " patiently " ( for less than 6 hours ) for an answer to half a question just shows the self-entitlemnet that some have here .

If I go to a travel agents and say that I want to go on holiday , they MAY have a few questions for me but if I tell them WHERE and WHEN I want to go that helps . The more information given in the first place when asking for help means that others do not have to play 20 questions .

How often have you seen posting that simply states , " I downloaded a livery and it doesn't work " . Not very helpful is it ?

@ OP ,

Of course posting now in French is going to exclude the majority of providing any help as they may not find it neccessary to learn another language to even know wat is being said .

John

Interesting John. I asked 1 question, got a good answer from the OP and made a suggestion. You on the other hand made it a point to assume the OP is "self-entitled" especially given the fact he stated at the beginning of his post that English wasn't his first language but he's trying. Imagine that. I suggested he type in french because I know the language and it would probably be much easier for him to articulate what it was he was needing help. God forbid you try Google Translate but then again, judging by your initial reply, I don't think you were very motivated to help anyway.

You hit the nail on the head here - "just shows the self-entitlement that some have here"

Mike

• Upvote 1

Whatever the language, you didn't help me jdwgraf, and you are giving bad image of the community in my mind.

If i've written in french it was because mike has proposed to help me.

I don't understand the signification of your message on this topic.

Merci Mike je vais essayer de cette manière et je te dirai ce qu'il en ait. ;) 

Funny that , I must have it all backwards . I was taught that if I ask for help it is up to me to make the effort , all that was known from the OP was it was a paint for a B737-800 , which one ? There are quite a few and each paint kit is different . I myself am no stranger to painting and have uploaded quite a few to the library from different developers . As I pointed out earlier the more info given means less questions after .

Nowhere in my post did I mock the OP for his use of the English language but the last time I looked this is an English language forum and by replying in another language is simply preventing others from offering any assistance ( using Google translate is generally a waste of time and not known for being entirely accurate ) . There is a French forum further down the page , though that would probably mean waiting even longer .

The " self-entitlement " had to do with asking a question and expecting an instant reply . That isn't always the case here and was during the day time in Europe when most are at work . Not everyone spends 24 hours a day on AVSIM .

John

Sorry friends I thinks its time to give my opinion.

Jonhn wrote

So after less that 6 hours you are complaining that no-one answered ? You might not believe it , but most painters here do have a life outside flight simming and probably work during the day 

John was totally right giving his comment about the impatient reaction of Azertylolilou. ( the second time * the OP placed his question on the forum !! , I removed the first one just a moment ago. )

I did not see this untill now, when I had been here before John , John would not have placed his reaction because I already had done something similar.

About the language, here I agree with John likewise.
On this AVSIM forum the language is english.
Questions and answers must be put in english to benefit all visitors of this forum.

Does that mean helping someone in his native language is forbidden.
No certainly not, but we must do it in a bi-langual way.

Questions and answers in BOTH languages ( if possible ) but always and at least in english.

So, our french friend must put his question in english ( as good as possible) and he is free to put this on this forum in french too ( its always easier to express in a native language, I understand) 

Is someone provides the answer to the question he must do that in english and when he is french speaking too, he is welcome to give the same answer in french too.

It would be great to have MikeAdamo`s answer in english as well, maybe someone can give an even better answer and thats the way this forum should work.

Things like this do not happen very often on this forum, so there is no need to make a lot of fuzz about it.
On the other hand , keep in mind, I want to keep this forum in english and do not allow posts and answers that are put in french, dutch,german, chinese whatever, only.

* Repeating a question by posting the same question within a few days/hours, on the same forum,  is NOT DONE !!.
  Such posts will be removed by the mods.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

About the question and the answer.

In a nutshell, I think this is the complete story ( including Mike Adamo`s answer ) 

Azertylolilou wanted to fill a wingsufrace with a pattern he made himself.

He tried to copy and paste his texture to fill the wingsurface but did no succeed.
This was caused by the fact the texture weas not simmetric ( not all cubes have the same size )
He should have started with one correct cube and paste a complete texture by duplicating and pasting this cube to a large texure , large enough to cover the complete wing.
Simply cut out the desired part and you are done.

As my knowledge of the french language is minimal  ( Je ne parle pas francais ) it would be great when MikeAdamo would be so helpfull to translate my answer.

Regards / amitiés

Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

@jdwgraf This is the 737-800 from PMDG but whatever, the problem comes from photoshop... 

@

Leen3131cs

Ok if you want, but you could imagine (jdwgraf too) how isn't easy to speak out in english for me, so difficult to say all what i mean.

The english are very lucky, because this is one of the most spoken language in the world, so if an english man have a problem that's not a problem for him, he should not make the effort to speak with a language almost unknown. 

I'm moderator of a little french forum and everybody (whatever the language) are welcome.

That's my point of view, i hope you understand me. 

tell me what info you need more.

Regards :) 

@Leen3131cs

Thank you very much ! I understood everything ! I will try in this way, and I'll keep you informed. 

:smile:

I think I have the same point of view as you Azertylolilou.

We at AVSIM too, welcome everybody from anywhere and we certainly do not forbid anyone to post in his native language ( if thats the only language he is able too)

lets hope there is another visitor who can help out in the same language.
BUT

We appreciate it very much when visitors try to communicate primarily in english (we do not mind the langauge-errors ) .

Writing the same question in his/her native language the same time is OK. 

Whenever a question, put in another laguage than english ,is being answered we would like to see the question and answer to be translated into english by the one who answers the question , for the benefit of the whole community.

We cannot have questions and answers being put here in just another language than english.

I am dutch and my english is not better than yours.

Groeten

Leen

p.s.

Je moet er toch niet aan denken dat ik dit hier allemaal in het Nederlands zou schrijven, alleen John zou het begrijpen hij spreekt als Engelsman perfect Nederlands.

Lets not think about me writing this all in dutch, just John would understand, though he is english,  he can cummunicate in ducht perfectly.

• Upvote 1

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints