Sign in to follow this  
psitulskis

A thorough Cold & Dark startup/ plane management through the flight required

Hello,

I feel that a Video or a thorough walkthrough with images is required for Cold and Dark startup and all NORMAL procedures required for a full flight.

How to manage aircraft during the flight.

There is a checklist but without accompanying images its clear as mud ;)

also, for example, in the DESCENT checklist there is no mention of  setting Manifold Pressure to 26 as it is done with Assistant Engineer.

Many thanks 

I feel that a Video or a thorough walkthrough with images is required for Cold and Dark startup and all NORMAL procedures required for a full flight.

You have a live, interactive video in watching and listening to the AFE.

also, for example, in the DESCENT checklist there is no mention of  setting Manifold Pressure to 26 as it is done with Assistant Engineer.

In a similar way, the takeoff checklist for a modern airliner doesn't specify an N1 setting. This is an operator specific value, and the 26" is the example value that we use. You could probably use slightly lower as long as you have a positive BMEP indication.

Many thanks 

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

just for clarification in terms of thrust setting for descent:

is a >0 BMEP value a reliable indicator for positive torque from engine towards propeller that means for long live of the propeller gear which is achieved when  the propeller is driven by and not driving (windmilling) the engine ?

Best regards

Thomas Burchard

After going through all 400 items in the Instrument panels, my suggestion would be in Normal Procedures checklist instead of sequence numbering (1,2.,3,4,5, etc) use instrument number within a panel (85,39,56 etc).

That way it would help to find the instrument mentioned in the checklist.

Dainius Psitulskis

is a >0 BMEP value a reliable indicator for positive torque from engine towards propeller

Yes.  The gauge is basically a pressure instrument reading hydraulic pressure created by a set of small pistons displaced by the torque on the planetary gear set in the nose of the engine.  Very ingenious engineering.  A modern design would use electronic load cells and measure torque directly, such as most turboprops. The BMEP value is an indication of the forces at work in the gears.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

You have a live, interactive video in watching and listening to the AFE.

Where is the video please?

Where is the video please?

Language problem... Kyle meant that watching what the AFE does is better than a video explaining procedures.

Dan Downs KCRP

ooookkkey)))) we'll try that. We have just started with DC6, there's a long road ahead........

I have some experience with the DC-6. I have never made videos before, but I am confident that I could produce something that everyone could follow.

Doing a cold and dark setup all the way thru a flight.

I normally do short 300 mile hops, so this would keep the video length short.

Let me know if you guys are interested.

Justin

Go for it,Justin. I'm sure there would be a lot of interested simmers. I don't have it for XP10 but am awaiting other platform releases, so C&D video would go a long way.

Thanks.

Hey guys, sorry about the delay, I am going to be posting that video you requested There has been some technical difficulty with my headset, so I currently have no mic.

As soon as I can get a new Turtle Beach I will get a full featured video to you ASAP.

Any chance the orientation videos are still online somewhere? Justin's videos are great btw! Thx a lot

Matteo Memelli